Anyone else miss Iggy Pop's "Lust for Life"?

Thanks!!!

Now if i could just figure out how to do this on my phone:confused:

I just did it....super easy. On your phone, click the link from above...it'll open tab, or page, whatever. Click the green "download" button in the top left-ish.

edit:downloaded, but doesn't do anything....will investigate

double edit: yup...ding ding. just have to open in it in music player.

Edited by splash_in_the_water

I just did it....super easy. On your phone, click the link from above...it'll open tab, or page, whatever. Click the green "download" button.

It appears to me that you would have to register to download that ring tone from that link.

Edited by Familygoboston

It appears to me that you would have to register to download that ring tone from that link.

I don't know...I downloaded it...is it just the "ding" or whatever?

edit: I think the signup is for trying a trial, and eventually paying if you're interested in continuing using it...

click the green button and it starts downloading...

I just did it....super easy. On your phone, click the link from above...it'll open tab, or page, whatever. Click the green "download" button in the top left-ish.

#$@% I can download it but the phone says can't open file.GRRRR:(

samsung Galaxy 4. HELP

Always loved the irony that my folks thought it was a catchy enough tune, but weren't exactly educated as to the lyrics that weren't used on the ad.

Would love for RCL to employ another "theme song" aimed at that particular demographic group (= "me") but I wonder if the subsequent cluing in of upper management to the full content of that little tune had some lingering effects.

#$@% I can download it but the phone says can't open file.GRRRR:(

samsung Galaxy 4. HELP

Alternative site: http://www.zedge.net/ringtone/1480879/

On my Samsung phone I clicked (or type) link in the browser. Download the file using the browser.

Go to folder "my files" (in Apps)-->Device Storage-->Download, and select the ringtone. On the pull down menu click "move". Move file to the Notifications folder (or Ringtone), also under device storage path.

Go to settings--->my device-->sound--->notifications and change to royal_caribbean_ding.

Edited by cruisebirdie
correction

Alternative site: http://www.zedge.net/ringtone/1480879/

On my Samsung phone I clicked (or type) link in the browser. Download the file using the browser.

Go to folder "my files" (in Apps)-->Device Storage-->Download, and select the ringtone. On the pull down menu click "move". Move file to the Notifications folder (or Ringtone), also under device storage path.

Go to settings--->my device-->sound--->notifications and change to royal_caribbean_ding.

THANKS BIRDIE!!!:)

Your first drink is on me, If we ever sail the same ship together;)

Would I be following the same steps to download it onto my IPhone?

Would I be following the same steps to download it onto my IPhone?

probably...not real sure how Iphone handles downloads, But I assume you can download it...as far as making it a notification sound I have no idea what it takes to make your iphone let you use it...I remember back in the day you could take an MP3 edit it how you wanted to , change the extension to mp4 and transfer it to your phone via Itunes.

Not sure though, maybe someone with an Iphone can chime in, I'm more familiar with android these days. I'll check on my other forum to see if they know....I'm sure they do

edit: not sure how phone handy you are, maybe try this: http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/404445/how_create_custom_notification_tones_ios_5/

Anyone else miss Iggy Pops "Lust for Life" as Royal Caribbean's anthem? (As part of the "get out there" campaign.) What a great piece of music, and it worked for cruising...I miss it!

Thsts all! :D

Oh yes!

I loved the music and the whole series of commercials. They were so funny and engaging.

That got replaced with the lame cutout dolphins and the stupid seashell...

If it were up to me I'd fire the ad agency and go back to the fun of GET OUT THERE

Edited by stompy
sp.