Wine purchase in Oahu

Funbobby68

Wondering if there is a place near the pier to pick up a couple bottles of wine before we board , since we're flying in have to pick it up after we land , wife's not a big drinker , so a couple bottles of wine should last her the cruise , with a few added bar drinks

Darn near anywhere, honestly. They sell wine and liquor at grocery stores, pharmacies, convenience stores, ABC stores (souvenir shops), Target, Walmart

The closest ABC store is at 766 Pohukaina St. The closest Walgreens is 116 S Hotel St. Those are probably the closest places to the pier to grab some wine.

If you want somewhere that may have a larger selection, The Liquor Collection at 1050 Ala Moana Blvd #1200 is not much farther than the ABC store.

~Katy

We have never been charged , on RCL your allowed 2 bottles per state room

RCL has different rules. NCL doesn't limit you to 2 bottles but charges a corkage fee at boarding for each bottle.

~Katy

Wondering if there is a place near the pier to pick up a couple bottles of wine before we board , since we're flying in have to pick it up after we land , wife's not a big drinker , so a couple bottles of wine should last her the cruise , with a few added bar drinks

Try the "Maui Splash", it's a pineapple wine, although not overpoweringly sweet. If you want to try it before you buy it, there's a tasting room at the winery on Maui... you can even have some shipped home directly from the winery, as long as your home state allows shipment.

If it were me...I would pack a couple bottles of wine in my luggage that was being shipped through, not worry about it until one of the ports, and just enjoy Honolulu. I love wine and a good mai tai but don't like to waste my precious time shopping on vacation. As others have said, there will be many options for purchasing reasonably priced wine on all islands. Have a great cruise. Cherie

My wife is the wine drinker , likes the sweet wines , like moscato , so that pineapple wine might be right up her alley

They have a pineapple champagne that is amazing. The pineapple wine was a little too sweet for me. There is a tasting room at the Tadeshi Winery beyond Mt Haleakala. Beautiful drive there.

If Your on a taxi and can stop there is Kmart about a 1/2 mile before the pier, in town there is a small wine shop on queen 1/2 a block Diamond Head (east) of fort st. Then the Walgreens mentioned but I have never been there.

There is a nice place that has an adjacent bistro called "HASR" as in highly allocated spoiled rotten and they are about 5 blocks up on beretania st. A decent lunch too I must say. Might as well get a couple agreeable bottles.

Have fun, Aloha,

Will