Hooked now! Next: Freedom or Liberty?

I just disembarked from our first cruise on EOS on Friday, and I'm already researching for our second cruise! We LOVED it! I don't know why on earth I fought it so long... afraid of the water for absolutely NO reason. So, I really want to see Labadee. Both Freedom and Liberty (I think, or is it Brilliance?) port there. Which would you prefer/recommend and why? Also, since I didn't sign up for Next Cruise on the ship, should I wait until my Crown & Anchor membership is uploaded before booking? I want to make sure I get our points. Thanks!

Love the freedom. But guess it depends what dates work for you then decide on the ship. I prefer the bigger ships over Radiance .I am booked on freedom in May and Radiiance in October . Freedom or oasis class ships are awesome in my opinion

I just disembarked from our first cruise on EOS on Friday, and I'm already researching for our second cruise! We LOVED it! I don't know why on earth I fought it so long... afraid of the water for absolutely NO reason. So, I really want to see Labadee. Both Freedom and Liberty (I think, or is it Brilliance?) port there. Which would you prefer/recommend and why? Also, since I didn't sign up for Next Cruise on the ship, should I wait until my Crown & Anchor membership is uploaded before booking? I want to make sure I get our points. Thanks!

You can book now and add your C&A number later.

Liberty and Freedom are very close. Freedom has been more recently updated, and has more pay restaurants than Liberty now. I'd choose based on price and whether you prefer cruising out of Port Canaveral or Port Everglades.

I was just there on the Independence and was in port with Grandeur - I think it depends on time of year but many Royal ships dock there.

I started at the Sovereign class and have worked my way up through the Freedom class. Not once have I had a bad cruise and each class has advantages over others. If you want an ice show you will need a Voyager or larger class, if you want an indoor solarium you want to book on Vision or Radiance class.

And honestly being on the larger ships, I'm glad I started with Monarch. It got me hooked on cruising but the ship is small once you are used to the bigger ones.

We were recently in the same position. Not sure why we waited so long to try cruising! Freedom and Liberty are nearly identical. Depending on when you sail again, Liberty may have gone through a refresh by then as well.

Next winter Liberty will be in Galveston, Indy in Fort Lauderdale and Freedom at Canaveral. Brilliance (different class ship) will be in Tampa. I would make your choice depending on route and the port you're leaving from. Fort Lauderdale is just too easy IMO. No commute, shuttle, etc. 5 minutes from airport to port. But it looks like Indy is only doing 5 day runs next winter. I'd prefer 7 or 8 days.

I was just there on the Independence and was in port with Grandeur - I think it depends on time of year but many Royal ships dock there.

I started at the Sovereign class and have worked my way up through the Freedom class. Not once have I had a bad cruise and each class has advantages over others. If you want an ice show you will need a Voyager or larger class, if you want an indoor solarium you want to book on Vision or Radiance class.

And honestly being on the larger ships, I'm glad I started with Monarch. It got me hooked on cruising but the ship is small once you are used to the bigger ones.

Thank you, that's good information. I thought EOS was a nice-sized ship, smaller and easier to manage for a newbie. For this sailing I want to try another class as the ships in each class seem very similar. I don't want to re-take a EOS-type cruise. My DH wants to try the flow rider so that's a must. I looked at the Granduer since it sails from Baltimore and is an easy 4 hour drive from home, but it's so cold and dreary in Feb, I loved flying into Florida to get aboard. Decisions, decisions!

We were recently in the same position. Not sure why we waited so long to try cruising! Freedom and Liberty are nearly identical. Depending on when you sail again, Liberty may have gone through a refresh by then as well.

Next winter Liberty will be in Galveston, Indy in Fort Lauderdale and Freedom at Canaveral. Brilliance (different class ship) will be in Tampa. I would make your choice depending on route and the port you're leaving from. Fort Lauderdale is just too easy IMO. No commute, shuttle, etc. 5 minutes from airport to port. But it looks like Indy is only doing 5 day runs next winter. I'd prefer 7 or 8 days.

That's good information also! Gosh, to take the time to see what ship sails when and from what port, oy! Makes my head hurt, so thanks for the research! My DH wants to do 7 days this time, so that will also be a deciding factor.

Thank you, that's good information. I thought EOS was a nice-sized ship, smaller and easier to manage for a newbie. For this sailing I want to try another class as the ships in each class seem very similar. I don't want to re-take a EOS-type cruise. My DH wants to try the flow rider so that's a must. I looked at the Granduer since it sails from Baltimore and is an easy 4 hour drive from home, but it's so cold and dreary in Feb, I loved flying into Florida to get aboard. Decisions, decisions!

And Grandeur does not have flow rider :)

Just a rock climbing wall

First welcome to the salt life it's a hell of a ride.

My family and I have cruised for over thirty years now. All the cruisers on here have GREAT info so take it all in. Here is how I plan a trip so we can keep going . First thing I look at is the price on air for the time we would like to go what comes into play ship we end up on is best price on air may be south FL. or Orlando . Then we look at the list of ships that are in the area. I found that the air dictates the cruise. Now that being said FOS ROCKS my favorite by far .

JOE MOMA , LOL