Eclipse Photo Review - Feb. 15, 2015 Exotic Southern Carribean Cruise in Aqua Class

prim8keeper

Hi Tom

Great review. Just a little over 2 weeks to my first X experience. Will be on Eclipse right after her dry dock. We recently upgraded to an Aqua Class cabin. It is a TA and won't be particularly warm weather, but I will enjoy it anyway. Thanks for all the ship info.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Our Oyster cards actually came in the mail this week along with our tickets to the Tower of London. I can't wait! :D This is my first time getting to spend any real time in England.

If you have time and are interested in history, a visit to Hampton Court Palace is lovely. Belonged to Henry VIII and is situated on the banks of the Thames. You can get a train from Waterloo Station, platform in the lowest numbers. This is a lovely place to go. I believe your Oyster card will get you there.

If the day is nice you can pick up rolls or pasties at a bakery in London and sit on the banks of the river to eat it.

Pubs are good places to eat in the evening with a good selection of food.

Sandwiches are available at most of the stores including places like Marks and Spencers, Littlewood etc.

Have a wonderful time.

Maureen

Hi Tom

Great review. Just a little over 2 weeks to my first X experience. Will be on Eclipse right after her dry dock. We recently upgraded to an Aqua Class cabin. It is a TA and won't be particularly warm weather, but I will enjoy it anyway. Thanks for all the ship info.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time! It will be interesting to hear about the changes that do take place since we will be back on Eclipse in December.

Our Oyster cards actually came in the mail this week along with our tickets to the Tower of London. I can't wait! :D This is my first time getting to spend any real time in England.

If you have time and are interested in history, a visit to Hampton Court Palace is lovely. Belonged to Henry VIII and is situated on the banks of the Thames. You can get a train from Waterloo Station, platform in the lowest numbers. This is a lovely place to go. I believe your Oyster card will get you there.

If the day is nice you can pick up rolls or pasties at a bakery in London and sit on the banks of the river to eat it.

Pubs are good places to eat in the evening with a good selection of food.

Sandwiches are available at most of the stores including places like Marks and Spencers, Littlewood etc.

Have a wonderful time.

Maureen

Thanks Maureen! I'm adding all this to my growing list. So many places to visit, so little time.

Thanks for an amazing review!

These are by far the best pictures I have ever seen of a Celebrity ship. Celebrity would be well advised to approach you to buy some of your outstanding pictures for use in future brochures and online.:) They really give new meaning to Modern Luxury.

Thanks for an amazing review!

These are by far the best pictures I have ever seen of a Celebrity ship. Celebrity would be well advised to approach you to buy some of your outstanding pictures for use in future brochures and online.:) They really give new meaning to Modern Luxury.

Thank you very much for your kind words! :) In a prefect world I would love to see X add someone who does photos and all their social media, blogging, etc. That seems to be one area where they could improve. They have bits and pieces of it, but it would be great to see someone come in and do this full stop.

Edited by prim8keeper

Tonight we had reservations at Q-sine with our group of friends. So we actually had to keep to a schedule rather than our usual we get to dinner when we get to dinner philosophy. There were 16 of us total and we had two tables of 8.

This was our second time at Q-sine. The first time was on Summit last summer during our Bermuda cruise. That time it was just me and my DH. We didn't really enjoy it, however we heard it was much better as a group experience so we had hopes. Unfortunately once again, while the company was fantastic, we still really didn't enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, some of the dishes are very good. However, I think the majority are not all that special considering you are paying extra money to eat here. The only thing that makes most of the food special is the presentation. Celebrity says this about the cuisine in Q-sine, "Unexpected twists on familiar favorites, different textures, tastes, and presentations pleasing all the senses at once." This would lead me to believe that the restaurant is based on molecular gastronomy. However, I think they fail to deliver on that promise. It all just comes across as gimmicky. Maybe I'm missing the point of Q-sine or expecting something that it isn't. Either way, we probably wont be back. I really wish X would not have put Q-sine on so many of their ships. One comment I would have for the new president is to diversify your specialty restaurants on the various ships when they go into dry dock. While I get the idea of "if its not broke, don't fix it," it does seem like X has a lot of repeat customers so I'm sure a little variety would be greatly appreciated.

We too didn't rate Q-sine. if you look past the gimmicks the actual flavours, textures and general pairing of the dishes is really quite awful. such a shame.:(

• 7 months later...
We are thinking of taking this ship on a transatlantic. Could anyone tell me if it has promenade deck that you can walk around?

Thanks, Judith

There is a promenade deck on deck 5 but it doesn't go all the way around the ship.

The only place you can walk all the way around is the deck just above the pool (I think it's deck 14)

There is a promenade deck on deck 5 but it doesn't go all the way around the ship.

The only place you can walk all the way around is the deck just above the pool (I think it's deck 14)

What a shame. Thank you for letting me know.

We are thinking of taking this ship on a transatlantic. Could anyone tell me if it has promenade deck that you can walk around?

Thanks, Judith

Hi Eclipse is a great ship, Deck 14 has a jogging/walking track 8 laps to the mile.

Also Deck 15 you can walk around the Aft end down stairs to deck 14 up the stairs to Deck 15 at bow end round the bow end down the stairs to deck 14

then back up the stairs on to deck 15. Keeps one fit and healthy.

On Deck 5 you can get around by cutting through near the Bow and mid ship Elevators.

Deck plans https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/learn/cruise-ships/celebrity-eclipse/celebrity-eclipse-deck-plan

Edited by snowyboy

• 4 months later...

Thank you for sharing, really enjoyed reading your review and beautiful pictures too, we will be doing this cruise in 2017, after seeing your pictures, will starting a count down! Thanks again Tom and happy travels

Thank you for sharing, really enjoyed reading your review and beautiful pictures too, we will be doing this cruise in 2017, after seeing your pictures, will starting a count down! Thanks again Tom and happy travels

Thank you! It is a fantastic cruise and I'm sure you will have a great time. If we were not doing Norway next year on Eclipse I would have booked this cruise again. Not cruise related, but below are a few photos from our most recent trip earlier this month to France.

effile_zpsbuaf3kji.jpg

paris%202_zpsa0afwvgg.jpg

paris%203_zpszatmsp0l.jpg

paris%204_zpsnl6hh9gk.jpg

Hey Tom, the photos are amazing, thank you , France is on our bucket list, maybe within the next two years. But I must say again your review was a great read and lots of information thank you again, and keep enjoying your travels [emoji568][emoji574]️

Hi Tom: love the pictures of France. On my bucket list for one day.

We are cruising the Med in Sept, and then Mardi Gras in Feb/17 - I'm pushing for the Eclipse 14 night in Feb 2018, maybe see you guys then.

We sure book in advance don't we!!

Say Hi to Pete from us.

Kerry and Pat

Hi Tom

Your photos are beautiful, as usual.

Would love it if you guys & your "parents" (Larry and Jan) were on the Eclipse again with us. The cruise just isn't the same without you!

haha, I'm thinking maybe 2019? We have decided to take a break from the Caribbean for a while and instead are doing Bermuda again this summer, Asia in November although that's a land trip, UK/Norway next April, and South America/Galapagos in 2018. I need more vacation time and perhaps a second job! :D

Hi Tom: love the pictures of France. On my bucket list for one day.

We are cruising the Med in Sept, and then Mardi Gras in Feb/17 - I'm pushing for the Eclipse 14 night in Feb 2018, maybe see you guys then.

We sure book in advance don't we!!

Say Hi to Pete from us.

Kerry and Pat

Thanks! You have to go! We skipped our normal winter cruise this year and did that trip instead for Pete's 30th.

We have a short 7 day Equinox cruise booked for Jan 2018. I'm trying to convince Sharon to come so if you can't sell Kerry on Eclipse, let me know. We are also doing South America/Galapagos that year so that is where most of our vacation money and time is going.