Need quick help with details!

We leave on Saturday to board the Carnival Breeze. We have planned to just ride the "bus" to seven mile beach, but have never done this before.

1. Can you give me super detailed directions on how to get to the buses? Give as many details as you can!! My husband gets duet nervous when I don't know where I'm going!

2. Where should we have the driver let us off at 7 mile beach? There are 6 of us - 4 adults, 2 kids ages 8 and 2. Not drinkers. Just want white, soft sand and shallow, calm water. Clean restrooms and maybe some good food.

3. How much will we pay for bus?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cross the street from the tender dock...it's about 1 block further....you'll see the bus/vans! This is really easy!

They will stop anywhere you want...Seagrape beach is nice...restrooms, watersport rentals, food/drink and lounger rentals are right there!

The bus is $2.50 pp...

When you leave, simply walk up to the road, and the next bus will stop!

Edited by cb at sea

We leave on Saturday to board the Carnival Breeze. We have planned to just ride the "bus" to seven mile beach, but have never done this before.

1. Can you give me super detailed directions on how to get to the buses? Give as many details as you can!! My husband gets duet nervous when I don't know where I'm going!

2. Where should we have the driver let us off at 7 mile beach? There are 6 of us - 4 adults, 2 kids ages 8 and 2. Not drinkers. Just want white, soft sand and shallow, calm water. Clean restrooms and maybe some good food.

3. How much will we pay for bus?

The buses are a couple of blocks from the port area, just ask there for directions...the depot is beside the library.

I'd suggest heading for Public Beach, since it has a playground as well as the usual amenities.

You won't save much by taking the bus instead of a taxi. Bus is $2.50 pp each way, taxi is $4-6 pp each way. Taxis will look like large vans (so do the buses, for that matter) and will be just outside the gates of the port area, so no worries about finding them.

You could always taxi there, and bus back. To get a bus along the road by the beach, just stand at the edge of the road and wave as it approaches. They'll stop and ask you if you want a ride. You'll ideally need exact change (for the group) for either form of transport to avoid getting change in Cayman dollars.

http://thebusschedule.com/EN/ky/#.VPjDrf0tHct

West Bay – every 15 minutes, 6 a.m. – 11 p.m., Sunday – Thursday; 6 a.m. – midnight, Fri. & Sat. Fare is US$2.50 each way. Bodden Town – Every 30 minutes, 6 a.m. – 11 p.m., Sunday- Thurs.; 6 a.m. – midnight, Fri. & Sat. Fare is US$2.50 each way.

East End and North Side – Every hour, 6 a.m. – 9 p.m., Sunday – Thurs. and Saturday. On Friday, buses will operate until after Midnight. Fare: US$5.00 each way.

The system uses color – coded logos located on the front and rear of buses to identify routes as follows: Route 1 (yellow) and Route 2 (lime green) cover George Town to West Bay; Route 3 (blue) provides service between the depot in George Town and Bodden Town. Route 4 (purple) operates between the depot and East End. Route 5 (red) goes from the depot to East End and North Side. Route 6 (dark green) operates from North Side to West Bay.

Licensed buses are identified by blue licence plates. To maintain consistency in fares, each bus must display a fare table outlining standard government-authorized fares.