Seabourn cancels Egypt ports, Mar 2015 sailing

shark b8

I have never been to Jerusalem and Tel Aviv so I am looking forward to it. I went to Aqaba, Luxor and Alexandria in 2012 on the Quest. But Petra is always fascinating. Any passenger interested to join a tourbylocals? Since seabourn excursions are so expensive? I am looking for other passengers to join tours to Petra, Jerusalem, and Athens

We hired a private guide for Israel - two days. He was expensive (and possibly the world's worst driver) but it was most definitely the highlight of the trip. We got to see all the things we wanted; for instance I wanted to go up to the Golan heights and see what was there, try to understand why it was so strategic. Looking down from a kibbutz over the Sea of Galilee was quite a sight. The next day we toured Jerusalem, again starting on the hills overlooking it and working our way into the old city.

We even dragged him to a market and we shopped for local stuff and took in the range of amazing food. Only sad point was the holocaust museum was closed those two days so we weren't able to go .. next time.

I'm not a big culture vulture nor a patient sightseer, I was however quite moved by how lovely Israel was. I'm so pleased we found ourself a guide and got to go where we wanted at our pace.

I have never been to Jerusalem and Tel Aviv so I am looking forward to it. I went to Aqaba, Luxor and Alexandria in 2012 on the Quest. But Petra is always fascinating. Any passenger interested to join a tourbylocals? Since seabourn excursions are so expensive? I am looking for other passengers to join tours to Petra, Jerusalem, and Athens

Athena,

There is a Roll Call for this cruise and quite a bit of information on tours people are arranging for the ports you mention.