First trip attire thoughts

Criticname

The OP simply mentioned "I am not sure we will get him into a tie every night", which is why I suggested that perhaps he wouldn't mind wearing a tie with his jacket on formal nights. I don't know how many Cunard voyages you have taken, but my observation is that teens tend to dress rather smartly, especially on formal nights.

Salacia

Let's analyze this:

If the previous posted stated she isn't sure they would get him in a tie every night, it is obvious he has desires to not wear a tie. Logistically, most members of his age group have similar feelings towards a tie.

Let's analyze this:

If the previous posted stated she isn't sure they would get him in a tie every night' date=' it is obvious he has desires to not wear a tie. Logistically, most members of his age group have similar feelings towards a tie.[/quote']

Let's not.

The question has been asked and answered.

BTW, logic and logistics are two different subjects. I can't know the feelings of most 16 year old males regarding ties - I only related my observation that on board Cunard ships, the teens (both male and female) are smartly dressed in the evening - and they seem to enjoy being so attired. In fact, based on my observation, the overwhelming majority of passengers comply with the dress code - which includes Kings Court/Lido for those of us who might wish to dress more casually.

Most job interviews are on the phone or Skype nowadays' date=' at which point, a suit may be a bit much depending on the job. Most interviews on Skype are recommended to wear a nice button down shirt with a vest rather than a suit.[/quote']

You must do a lot of job interviews to know that most are done like that, in my experience, they are done with a tie.

Edited by MicCanberra

You must do a lot of job interviews to know that most are done like that, in my experience, they are done with a tie.

I've been retired for many years now.

As referenced by my username, you may have the gender confused at which point, a suit would be uncanny.

Edited by Cunard's Queen

I've been retired for many years now.

As referenced by my username' date=' you may have the gender confused at which point, a suit would be uncanny.[/quote']

I meant no gender implications, I took it that you were the interviewer not the interviewee.:D

My youngest is still a teenager. He is required to wear a tie and either a sweater or jacket to school every single day. He is very comfortable in a tie and jacket and wears one, with dark pants or khakis, quite often outside of school. He has fancied himself to be James Bond for far too long and will strike a Bond-type pose when his picture is taken. Kids, what can you do...? But I have one child, now in his 20's, who would wear a jacket and tie on formal night and then rip them off as though he was being poisoned by them immediately after dinner. I completely understand how some teenagers just don't want to wear these things. You remember teens- non conformists?

This entire point is moot because as Cunard's Queen mentioned down thread children are exempt from the dress requirements of adults.

Proud no but I would be offended if a catering assistant told me how to dress!

The correct course of action would have the Captain request a private audience with me and ask me to take part in the fun, I would however remind him that it's people like me who pay his salary and if I wanted fashion advice I would go to Armani!

I do not think any "catering assistant" really tries to tell you "how to dress". They are, however, simply doing their job when they point out to you what your fellow passengers have a right to expect when dining on a ship with a clearly stated dress code.

Perhaps the question might be: "Have you the right to tell a cruise line, which you voluntarily sail, how to conduct themselves"?

Sure I do, I paid my cash and live in the free world, if I choose to dress up in a superman outfit its my business!

Of course you have the right to do whatever you wish, whether on board a ship or not/ You then also have the right to suffer the consequence of any of those actions.

Of course you have the right to do whatever you wish, whether on board a ship or not/ You then also have the right to suffer the consequence of any of those actions.

Considering the tone of previous posts, do you really think that he might be willing to suffer any consequences which he did not feel like experiencing?

Considering the tone of previous posts, do you really think that he might be willing to suffer any consequences which he did not feel like experiencing?

No, they would be the first in line to complain. But then as Superman, he can just fly away and be done with it.

Edited by MicCanberra

Anyone who thinks they can do just about anything they wish on board should take the time to read the fine print in the Cunard Passage Contract when they purchases a ticket.

Bob

Edited by BobBranst

Anyone who thinks they can do just about anything they wish on board should take the time to read the fine print in the Cunard Passage Contract when they purchases a ticket.

Bob

Agreed. The consequences can be harsh.

Sure I do, I paid my cash and live in the free world, if I choose to dress up in a superman outfit its my business!

You sure do.

And it's there business if they ask you to leave the ship.

Sheesh what don't people understand about a contract between them, and the line.