Quietest spot to spend Fun Days at Sea on Valor

Kentuckyluckygirl and I have booked the Valor for October. I was on this ship in 2006, but since then have cruised only Fantasy class ships. We love the Serenity Deck on the Fantasy class ships but other than the Prometheus area on Valor, which doesn't appear to afford the aft view of the wake, is there anywhere else that's quiet where we can grab a chair and watch the world go by?

I seem to recall it being quiet on one of the higher decks with less traffic on the port and/or starboard side and in fact it seems like there was a shower close to where I grabbed a couple chairs once???

Advice?

If you don't really need to be in the sun - you can find very quiet spots outside on Lobby deck 3 - there is a covered deck there with loungers and no music or traffic or too many people - great for reading/relaxing with an ocean view. :)

If you don't really need to be in the sun - you can find very quiet spots outside on Lobby deck 3 - there is a covered deck there with loungers and no music or traffic or too many people - great for reading/relaxing with an ocean view. :)

That was gonna be my suggestion as well. Tends to be nice and serene.

Froufie, you just described the perfect place for me, no sunburn when I accidentally fall asleep drinking with my book.

Froufie, you just described the perfect place for me, no sunburn when I accidentally fall asleep drinking with my book.

Agreed - I have spent many a 'sunburned' day relaxing here with a sea view but out of the sun! :):cool:

We were just on the Valor for the Southern Caribbean itinerary. Since that cruise only has one sea day, you might imagine that chairs on the upper decks are in high demand.

We wanted to go to the Steakhouse cooking demonstration/tasting, so we didn't start looking for chairs until lunch time. After a couple of attempts to see if anyone knew who was sitting in that chair, we gave up looking for chairs on the upper decks, and remembered the lobby level decks.

So we went down... there were two other people there at the time... and about 30 chairs.

We scanned the length of the deck, and quickly saw that there was a sunny spot toward the back (there's a place where there is a break in the lifeboats -- possibly where the gangway connects on embarkation day?). We dragged two chairs down to the sunny spot and had peace, quiet, AND sun for most of the afternoon... and not so windy, either.

Despite my frustration at not finding a chair on the upper decks, this really was a win, win, win... all the way around. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Kentuckyluckygirl and I have booked the Valor for October. I was on this ship in 2006, but since then have cruised only Fantasy class ships. We love the Serenity Deck on the Fantasy class ships but other than the Prometheus area on Valor, which doesn't appear to afford the aft view of the wake, is there anywhere else that's quiet where we can grab a chair and watch the world go by?

I seem to recall it being quiet on one of the higher decks with less traffic on the port and/or starboard side and in fact it seems like there was a shower close to where I grabbed a couple chairs once???

Advice?

You are describing the jogging track and there is a area close to the aft rail to view the sea.

..I agree and would add that it is also close enough to a bar. We played a travel Scrabble game there all the time, supplemented by Bailey's on the rocks!

Another vote from me for deck three, lobby deck, two sides off the atrium.

For me it is the absolutely quietest area. You can watch the ocean go by while at sea, and as another has posted, it is near the atrium bar in case you need a drink. I love it there.

when we were on the valor a year ago, we spent the sea day at the very back of the ship on the panorama deck. we went up right after breakfast and there were only a couple people up there and nothing was "reserved". it didn't get crowded up there until around noon. Once we'd had enough sun we also went down to the lobby deck to cool off in the shade.