Port of Miami Uber

novanoto

I don't see why Uber can't be used to drop off at the port. There is not security at the port of Miami so I'm not sure how anyone would ever know that an Uber driver was dropping you off. There are no markings not the car and it's not like you are handing over any money.

at many air and cruise ports a fee is charged to 'livery' vehicles to access the place .... and many times ONE company has a contract that gives them exclusive rights to skip the fee

to wit from the Port Canaveral web site:

The Port has one contracted taxi company to provide all on-demand service.

Taxi Company

888 Taxi – Telephone Number is 321-868-8888. There is a high demand for taxi cabs during peak debarkation hours. At times, taxis may not be readily available. Please be patient and prepared to wait as other taxi cabs return to the cruise terminals throughout the debarkation morning rush. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Trip Fees Commercial Vehicles will be assessed with every entry to cruise terminals at Port Canaveral. Rates are per vehicle and may be paid with Visa, MasterCard or Prepaid Trip Tickets.

Taxi - Metered Vehicles $ 2.50

Limousine - Up to 9 Passenger $ 3.00

Van - Up to 15 Passenger $ 5.00

Any Vehicle 16 to 28 Passenger $10.00

Any Vehicle 29 to 44 Passenger $12.00

Any Vehicle 45 or more Passenger $15.00

I make no comment as to whether this is right or wrong ... but it IS the rules

IME UBER (and similar) tries to skip under the wire saying they are not 'commercial' and using unmarked cars.

not unlike when I flew into JFK 30 years ago and a gypsy cab wanted to drive me .....

Edited by Capt_BJ

Unfortunately, the thread linked didn't provide answers either. Someone there mentioned that Uber wasn't allowed in the POM, but that was some months ago, and I can't seem to find a current answer or status. Thanks anyway.

Unfortunately, the thread linked didn't provide answers either. Someone there mentioned that Uber wasn't allowed in the POM, but that was some months ago, and I can't seem to find a current answer or status. Thanks anyway.

They are allowed to drop you off. Not sure about being picked up.

I asked the same question on an NCL Facebook group and received the following reply:

Yes. They pick you up on 2 floor. We had very nice drivers, very clean cars. Much better than cabs.

Uber can pick you up anywhere. I have used them over 50 times in South Florida. Cab drivers do not like competition. Uber has cleaner cars, respectful drivers & cost nearly half a cab would. It is a very simple app on your smart phone & no money is exchanged. Unless you tip few extra dollars!

Hope this helps!

Yes. They pick you up on 2 floor.

?????? No second floor at the port .... this sounds like the airport

Thought the same thing. Good to know we'll at least be able to Uber it to the POM. Thanks all!