CPAP plug in?

NoName

I have recently read that someone "unplugged" the small light next to the bed to plug in their c-pap. We are sailing on the Glory next month and would love to avoid carrying an extension cord. Does anyone know if this is a possibility on the Glory? We have a balcony cabin if that makes a difference.

It would be wonderful not to have to deal with the extension cord across the floor of the cabin. Please advise.

Thanks. Kim

Be careful. From looking at the outlets by the bed ( I had the same idea) they appeared to be 220V outlets. Now if you add a travel transformer to the mix, you might have something.

Edited by CRJ700

We use an extension cords to plug in our cpap machines. I take duck/duct tape and apply it over the cord at the foot of the bed so that DH will not trip over it on the way to the bathroom or SIL will not trip over it on her way to the balcony.

We use an extension cords to plug in our cpap machines. I take duck/duct tape and apply it over the cord at the foot of the bed so that DH will not trip over it on the way to the bathroom or SIL will not trip over it on her way to the balcony.

I love this idea and truly good to contact guest services before you go..to have what you need or assure they will..my nephew uses one and he is 20...and I am sure had to contact his ship n another line...they are relatively used to these now I think...not that abnormal anymore.....and you can check all plug issues in advance...

I was on the Glory and Conquest in June. Not a problem. I have an European strip with our type plug in adapters. The CPAP machines have a transformer that converts 220 to 110 to 12V. I always bring my own extension cord just in case. But I just unplugged the lamp and put in my adapter. You can get the strip on line. Best to be over prepared.

I have recently read that someone "unplugged" the small light next to the bed to plug in their c-pap. We are sailing on the Glory next month and would love to avoid carrying an extension cord. Does anyone know if this is a possibility on the Glory? We have a balcony cabin if that makes a difference.

It would be wonderful not to have to deal with the extension cord across the floor of the cabin. Please advise.

Thanks. Kim

Contact special needs and explain that you use a CPAP machine and need an extension cord and, if also needed, distilled water. No need to drag your own cord and your cabin steward will appreciate the advance notice. (And quite frankly the ship would rather provided you with a tested cord rather than have you use a $4.99 one from the local home improvement store.)

We were on the Glory in Jan 2015. We used an extension cord and plugged it in across the room. One issue we had was that the side table is too small for a cpap to sit on. At least my husbands, and his is pretty small, he even left the humidifier part at home. We slid the coffee table over to the bedside and that worked well. Sure would be nice if they would add an outlet to the lamp, hotels do it all the time.