Carnival Splendor - food

beshears

Believe it or not, I tried the Ox tongue in the MDR. I thought, ewwww, but I'm gonna try it. I was addicted! They way they prepare it is oh so good, with sweet, almost candied onions on top. We haven't been home a week and I am craving it! lol

We were there last January. The sea day brunch was fun. I really like the Froot Loops French Toast. Not gourmet, but fun. Additionally, the pizza by the pool was very good (but there was less a long line because they didn't have enough people working there).

Sailed the Splendor last week and was disappointed in the food. I was on the Breeze last March and the Freedom this past November and the best food was hands down on the Freedom. The Lido deck food on the Breeze was excellent but their MDR food not so much. The Lido deck food on the Splendor with a few exceptions was horrible. One day they had pot roast and mashed potatoes that was very good. I was so looking forward to Tandoor because it was so good on the Breeze but not so much on the Splendor. Pizza was okay and the cookies outstanding. The MDR food was okay. The Sushi appetizer is delicious but very small so order two. The soups are pretty good. Most of the beef dishes are okay but the prime rib was not. The short ribs were excellent. The lobster was small

and not cooked right. The escargot were pretty good. The two times I got the chocolate melting cake it was overcooked. The ice cream was always melted by the time it came to the table. The bitter and blanc was good but not as good as on the Freedom. The room service food was always fresh, hot and really good. All the dining room servers were great-they work so hard. But if you're a foodie the Splendor is not the ship for you.

Must be because my fav Maître D is no longer there. Ramesh is the BEST !! He is on vacation now,then going to the Valor.

Edited by Ascott318

Well I'm going to think "positive," that the food will be good, when we get on the Splendor. :) I'm sure there will be SOMETHING that we will find that we like to eat there.

Since I am a "cookie monster," is there a place where I can get some cookies FREE, other than the buffet on the Lido deck? In otherwords, is there any other places that have cookies/sweets that we don't have to pay for?

You can get free cookies from room service and sweet spot.

I have nothing to complain about with regards to food on our SPLENDOR cruise. To be honest, I liked it better than the last Princess cruise I went on (think pork and bean sandwiches....really!?)

A few of the standouts were the flat iron steak (if you like your steak medium rare to rare...cook it any longer and it turns to leather), the carbonara, and any of the soups.

The Mongolian Wok is good, but I'm not sure I'd wait in the long line again.