from ship to jack's shack, how long a walk?

SMSACE6

This is my personal opinion but I would avoid Jacks Shack like the plague. We went there pretty early to meet up with friends and have lunch. The organization is horrible, they aren't built to handle large crowds. After waiting almost an hour for our food we decided to eat on the ship. The staff was also not very pleasant.

Jack's is an acquired taste. I don't think there is a middle ground, you either like it or you don't.

I am a fan of Jack's, I like the relaxed atmosphere and don't mind waiting for food or service. I usually meet some nice folks and enjoy talking with Jack. Last time there we spent the day talking with his grand daughter.

Then there is Topher.

I'd say give it a try, it's a good place. There are others on the way there that Msy be just as good, just find someplace you feel comfortable.

Thanks for the response. I am late 50's, and my problem is more of a spine issue that affects my mobility. I am thinking that I will walk there, with a stop or two on the way for fuel:D Then I will take a cab back to port area.:) Thanks again for the reply.

Certainly! I think taking a cab back is a good idea. It was significantly hotter in the PM coming back than the AM getting there.

Thanks again to all who have replied to my question:) I have recently had a bit of a setback with my condition (not life threatening, just a PIA, since it greatly reduces my ability to roam at free will, as I have been used to doing all my life). I am cruising solo, and considered cancelling my cruise, and did cancel my cruise for 2016, but I am really thinking that I should forge on, and do this one, especially since it is Early saver on Carnival, and I dont know how things will be in the future. So....considering the low cost/short distance cab ride and fare, I will cab it both ways. I am so looking forward to this cruise, and Grand Turk:)

Thanks again to all who have replied to my question:) I have recently had a bit of a setback with my condition (not life threatening, just a PIA, since it greatly reduces my ability to roam at free will, as I have been used to doing all my life). I am cruising solo, and considered cancelling my cruise, and did cancel my cruise for 2016, but I am really thinking that I should forge on, and do this one, especially since it is Early saver on Carnival, and I dont know how things will be in the future. So....considering the low cost/short distance cab ride and fare, I will cab it both ways. I am so looking forward to this cruise, and Grand Turk:)

You'll do great :)

• 1 year later...

I bumped this old thread up for another poster on the Carnival board, who is inquiring about cabbing to Jack's.

I ended up not going, but hope there will be another day, and in better physical condition.:)