Crusing to Vanuatu ??

phardiva

Hi everyone,

We have our first cruise booked on Sun Princess coming up soon - very excited about that, however we are doing the South Pacific cruise and are now worried about what will happen in regards to the Islands around Vanuatu , do the ships change their route or go to different ports or should we just cancel:rolleyes: just don't know what to do

Hi everyone,

We have our first cruise booked on Sun Princess coming up soon - very excited about that, however we are doing the South Pacific cruise and are now worried about what will happen in regards to the Islands around Vanuatu , do the ships change their route or go to different ports or should we just cancel:rolleyes: just don't know what to do

They will come up with an alternative iteniary. Guess as far as canceling it would depend on if you want to go to the new ports.

It will be a while till they make any calls. It's going to take time to assess the damage and infrastructure. If the port cannot handle it, or requests the line not dock, the line will attempt to reroute or failing that cancel the port.

Hi everyone,

Hi there phardiva,

Keep an eye on the Australia/New Zealand board here on cruise critic.

Lots of updates as there are many of us cruising to the islands, me in a couple of weeks.

As most of our cruises go to the islands, I am sure there will be info coming in.

Our ports included Vila, Luganville, Champagne Bay and Mystery Island, all in Vanuatu.......as well as Lifou, Isle of Pines and Noumea, who knows where we will we go!!

Princess, Royal, Carnival and P&O are still cruising and itinerary's are being adjusted as they go.

Friends just disembarked the Carnival Legend and they were loading supplies to take, I am sure all of the ships will be doing the same.

you don't mention the date you are cruising, but I wouldn't be cancelling yet:)

Chez

Edited by cheznandy

Hi there phardiva,

Keep an eye on the Australia/New Zealand board here on cruise critic.

Lots of updates as there are many of us cruising to the islands, me in a couple of weeks.

As most of our cruises go to the islands, I am sure there will be info coming in.

Our ports included Vila, Luganville, Champagne Bay and Mystery Island, all in Vanuatu.......as well as Lifou, Isle of Pines and Noumea, who knows where we will we go!!

Princess, Royal, Carnival and P&O are still cruising and itinerary's are being adjusted as they go.

Friends just disembarked the Carnival Legend and they were loading supplies to take, I am sure all of the ships will be doing the same.

you don't mention the date you are cruising, but I wouldn't be cancelling yet:)

Chez

I agree, don't cancel yet.