Belize City Tendering

We will be sailing on the Navigator and will be tendering to Belize City. Can anyone please explain how the tendering process works (i.e. who goes first, do you need a ticket, when do you pick up a ticket if needed, etc.)? We will be tendering to Belize City then catching a water taxi to Caye Caulker. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks ya'll.

Normally ship tours and priority (suites, D+ and Pinnacle first)

Then tickets for all others. You normally get tickets somewhere usually the theater and they call by ticket number. All info will be in your cabin in Cruise Compass delivered the night before.

Edited by Spurschick

June of 2014 we needed to get a ticket for the Belize tender on Navigator, but Feb 2015 did not, so apparently their process changes based on something - but I don't know what!

I just went back and checked my June 2014 Compass, and the back page "Today's Activities" listed it as "Tender Ticket Distribution" starting at 8:15 in the Deck5 Sapphire dining room. No such mention of that in Feb 2015 and you just went to the queuing area and got in line for the tender when you wanted to leave. It worked so much better without tender tickets - at least on that cruise - so I hope they continue to do it that way.

Here is a piece of advise. We had no problem with the tender into port. One the way back, we decided to sit in the seats on the top part of the tender. The worry happened when the tender stopped working. The tender operators quickly called for a back-up and another tender arrived within 3-4 minutes. What the tender operators did wrong was to unload the bottom half of the boat before the upper half. The waves were a little rough. The tender we were on was swaying side to side. It was scary. Luckily, we made it down the stairs and onto the replacement tender. My advise is to sit on the bottom of the tender. The operators obviously didn't understand the proper way to disembark the passengers.

just of navigator, no tender tickets needed or given. First hour there is a mad rush with lines in the stairs to get off. Ship tours get on tenders a t a different part or side of ship depending on when their tour leaves. At about 9:30 or so lines are gone and tender process is smooth, we just walked down and got on one.

I know on the Liberty we were allowed to be one of the first ones off since we booked an excursion threw royal. I dont remember getting any tickets. i do know we had to show our shore excursion ticket