Whats allowed

Blocking trolls is a wonderful thing but unfortunately since doing this I have to sign in every time I want to just browse. I've also noticed this week that there are a couple of other sites they invade. Just wish people would stop feeding them.:eek:

I stay signed in all the time - there's no reason why not to Skion. At least you can post when you want then without having to keep signing in & out.

I stay signed in all the time - there's no reason why not to Skion. At least you can post when you want then without having to keep signing in & out.

Hi Jules

I know I can stay signed in and post when I want but I usually just browse and give my tuppenceworth occasionally. Also, in some instances, it is as well I am not signed in all the time as I might be thrown off - then where would I be.:eek:

There are those who are far more eloquent than me when giving information (kruzseeka springs to mind :D) although I do appear to have been cruising far longer than others. (26 years - started with Thomsons in 1989 when they only had several berths on other ships which were multi-lingual).:)

Edited by skioncruises

Sorry, that was my mistake. I thought it was March 2014, but you're right it was March 2013!

yes... how time flies:(... i only remembered because i had a timehop about itthis week:rolleyes:.... luv that timehop:cool:

Thank you skioncruises for your kind words (though I often feel embarrassed when I realise how much I've rabbited on!!!! :o ) Yes you have loads of experience to share so please keep chipping in too. :)

Edited by kruzseeka

Thank you skioncruises for your kind words (though I often feel embarrassed when I realise how much I've rabbited on!!!! Yes you have loads of experience to share so please keep chipping in too.

Hi kruzseeka

"Chipping" is about all I can do. It's amazing how often I turn to your fantastic threads for inspiration. We, like you, do a lot of oyo but are not quite so adventurous although have managed to do some of what you recommend.:D I feel I tend to rabbit too much and it looks like I have written a book hence the lurking in the background for weeks on end until something gets me.:eek::)

Hi Jules

There are those who are far more eloquent than me when giving information (kruzseeka springs to mind :D) although I do appear to have been cruising far longer than others. (26 years - started with Thomsons in 1989 when they only had several berths on other ships which were multi-lingual).:)

There are also a few others who are a lot less eloquent when giving information though Skion. This is a great page though & hope it stays that way. You really are an experienced cruiser. Although I was working as a Travel Agent in 1989 & got some fantastic 'educational' holidays, I never managed to get a cruise out of them - I'm a novice compared to you - my first cruise was in 2004 - but then didn't properly start until 2009 although I'm trying to make up for it now!

Happy cruising everyone :)

Edited by Julessmiles

Love your flip flops Baggers - would like a pair to wear on my cruises - I live in flip flops!

:D:D;)

Same here, and those in the pic do look quite comfy, may have to buy myself a pair.

The best ones I've ever had, and I still wear them even though they're worn out, is a pair that came from Lidls. They look cheap and nasty, but they're so comfortable!

I was working as a Travel Agent in 1989 & got some fantastic 'educational' holidays, I never managed to get a cruise out of them - I'm a novice compared to you -

It must have been a great job at the time, all the weekends away and the foreign holidays. Lucky You julesmiles :D

Your Bud

The best ones I've ever had, and I still wear them even though they're worn out, is a pair that came from Lidls. They look cheap and nasty, but they're so comfortable!

My garage is a testiment to my shopping at lidl. I go in for food and arrive home with slippers and a satellite dish.

Dont ask why.

Your Bud

My garage is a testiment to my shopping at lidl. I go in for food and arrive home with slippers and a satellite dish.

Dont ask why.

Your Bud

Haha, they get you with all the extras they have in there every week. What's annoying is though, you find something you like, and it's never repeated! I've never found those flip flops in there again! Will have to keep my eye open now spring is on the way though!

They're finally building an Aldi very locally, as the nearest ones were 30 miles away! So our local Lidl's will have some competition to keep them on their toes!

Ooo I like Aldis for fruit, its so much cheaper and always good but you have to eat it up quickly. Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. I'm back on the site reading all your great stories and tips after a few months sabbatical. You really do know your stuff and its a great help to novice cruisers like us. Thanks everyone!

They're finally building an Aldi very locally, our local Lidl's will have some competition

I once went inside an Aldi and Lidl.

It was a traumatic experience. No brand names, just cheap stuff everywhere, and people using cardboxes to bring things home on top of babies in prams and buggies,

I encountered that some were still wearing pajamas's and one old lady was wearing flip flops and shorts and a flimsy tee shirt.

What an awful sight it was.

Stores like these, thrive in areas that are economically challenged, and am pleasantly surprised that these people take a cruise.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn likes shopping

I once went inside an Aldi and Lidl.

It was a traumatic experience. No brand names, just cheap stuff everywhere, and people using cardboxes to bring things home on top of babies in prams and buggies,

I encountered that some were still wearing pajamas's and one old lady was wearing flip flops and shorts and a flimsy tee shirt.

What an awful sight it was.

Stores like these, thrive in areas that are economically challenged, and am pleasantly surprised that these people take a cruise.

My small market town has a range of supermarkets from Waitrose to Aldi with a large Tesco and a Sainsbury local in between. Hardly the picture of an economically challenged area. I wouldn't do a full shop in Aldi but they have provided some very drinkable bottles for my wine rack.

but they have provided some very drinkable bottles for my wine rack.

Oh, I do love a bottle of wine.

Am enjoying a nice chilled white as I write this.

Will call in sometime, if I am in an area that has Lidl or Aldi, and try some.

Thanks for the tip.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn is not a snob

Am enjoying a nice chilled white as I write this.

Will call in sometime, if I am in an area that has Lidl or Aldi, and try some.

Thanks for the tip.

I live for the moment P&O Lynn Knickers does a post that is sensible or accurate.

Just a thought that I might be to old to live that long.

My small market town has a range of supermarkets from Waitrose to Aldi with a large Tesco and a Sainsbury local in between. Hardly the picture of an economically challenged area. I wouldn't do a full shop in Aldi but they have provided some very drinkable bottles for my wine rack.

This isn't bad either!

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/apr/22/aldi-own-label-gin-taste

Am enjoying a nice chilled white as I write this.Will call in sometime, if I am in an area that has Lidl or Aldi, and try some.Thanks for the tip..

I get the impression that some people are "Snobs" when it comes to Lidl and Aldi stores.

try them out, they are quiet good and great value for money. I particularly love their affordable cheeses, the biscuits and fresh pastries.

Your Bud

I get the impression that some people are "Snobs" when it comes to Lidl and Aldi stores.

try them out, they are quiet good and great value for money. I particularly love their affordable cheeses, the biscuits and fresh pastries.

Your Bud

Sadly, you'll find some people are just snobs in general, not simply when it comes to Aldi and Lidl.

How strange that Laura Bra has a completely different point of view to that of P&O Lynne Knickers.

Out of respect for the many posters on here that have both those users on "Ignore" I won't quote either of them.