Whats allowed

Just a reminder - the subject is:

Hi guys could you tell me if you are alowed to take any drink on board the Thomson Spirit we have cruised with a number of companies and each have differant rules, some allow a bottle of wine each but others do not allow anything could you tell me the situation with Thomsons

if anyone wants to get back to it.

How strange that Laura Bra has a completely different point of view to that of P&O Lynne Knickers..

Almost everyone has a different opinion to me Darling.

One who is such an experienced cruiser like myself, an adorable person with the most beautiful smile,such am I, is bound to come across comments such as this.

Tally Ho

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn is a beautiful person, inside and out

Just a reminder - the subject is:

Hi guys could you tell me if you are alowed to take any drink on board the Thomson Spirit we have cruised with a number of companies and each have differant rules, some allow a bottle of wine each but others do not allow anything could you tell me the situation with Thomsons

if anyone wants to get back to it.

The simple, straightforward, honest, accurate answer is YES ,you can take onboard and you can also buy in the onboard shop and take it straight to your cabin.

Simples, question answered, full stop.

after an outpouring of indignation! all booze confiscations were stopped after a week (never to reappear) this happened in march 2013 in the middle of my cruise!

,they did it briefly once on the dream about 2-3 years ago

So in short, the answer varies on whoever you ask.

Try it anyhow, and let us know how you get on.

have a great time

Lynn is beautiful, charming and enjoying a chilled glass of white.

I once went inside an Aldi and Lidl.

It was a traumatic experience. No brand names, just cheap stuff everywhere, and people using cardboxes to bring things home on top of babies in prams and buggies,

I encountered that some were still wearing pajamas's and one old lady was wearing flip flops and shorts and a flimsy tee shirt.

What an awful sight it was.

Are you for real ?

Lidl and Aldi have many excellent items, including award winning wines and beers- in fact some of the most popular and well recognised UK and European beers to be found in supermarkets.

The fact thay you don't recognise brand names from Germany etc. doesn't mean they are inferior.

Nothing wrong with flip flops either - in appropriate locations.

I'll second the opinion about Lidl's bakery produce - first class.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

Lidl and Aldi have many excellent items, including award winning wines and beers- in fact some of the most popular and well recognised UK and European beers to be found in supermarkets.

The fact thay you don't recognise brand names from Germany etc. doesn't mean they are inferior.Nothing wrong with flip flops either - in appropriate locations.I'll second the opinion about Lidl's bakery produce - first class.

I am making a point of going to visit a lidl and Aldi within the next few weeks.

Whilst on location for my work, I do pass these discount stores and will call in to have a look.

My first and only visit was very hasty and I think I was not ready for the trauma for what I saw.

The numerous Ladies dressed in pajamas's, and buggies galore kinda scared me.

But am very prepared for the experience this time.

Lynn will try the discount supermarkets, because she is a nice normal person

I have visited a few Aldi stores as I do mystery shopping work. They do vary a bit in their nature but the products are the same. Currently eating a brioche bun from a pack of 10 that cost 50p less than Sainsbury and just as good.

• 5 months later...
I have cruised with RCCL, carnival, HAL, princess, P&O, Royal olympic, Louis, NCL and have done budget cruises on Sun Cruises (Airtours) and also last minute on Thomson.

I have cruised I think eight times on Thomson alone, beginning with the emerald, back in the day.

Lots of cruises overall on different lines, with RCCL being my favourite.

They have all been wonderful except for one cruise, which was on P&O Oceana.

My cruises and my vast cruise experience have been well documented on this forum, as many people look for advice and my go to approach is fantastic as I like helping people.

Am going to cruise on Fred, and hopefully Cunard in the future.

Any other questions darling ?

Yes, I have a question for you, though not who you posted the challenge to.

With your experience of so many cruise lines, exactly how many nights at sea and ports of call have you experienced? Number of cruises count for nothing with me;it's much more than that, as experienced cruisers know.

I think I know your name from another forum way back when!

And I think I know your name too.

Indeed, talking of experience, I'd say Lyn has far greater experience.

Who was it that did Cunard in 4 nights? :eek: