Elation - Porthole vs. OV

GulfCoaster

We have booked the Elation and since reserving the cabin the prices have been all over the place (mostly lower - figures). We are in a Porthole on Upper. However, the OV's have dropped to the same price as the porthole that we have reserved on the same deck (at least the last time we checked).

My question is - would you upgrade (if we even can) to the OV or just leave as is especially since we have read on other posts that the cabins are basically the same size with maybe a slight edge to the porthole. We are not at final payment date yet. However - more bang for the same buck...?

As always, thanks for your thoughts.

Mike

I'm also in a PH room for my next cruise, if they drop down the price to nearly equal I will upgrade in a heartbeat. The OV windows are very nice for viewing out of and all OV windows I've had so far (only a couple) have had plenty of seating space too. If anyone is prone to seasickness a PH room is probably one of the worst choices...lots of motion up front.

GulfCoaster, if you can choose your own cabin, there are some ocean view cabins on Elation that are all the way aft and have a slightly different layout and some of them are slightly larger than usual.

We have stayed in them three times and would book one again for sure.