1/2 World cruise

R_Judy

My husband and I are finally seeing the light at the end of the working years tunnel. We would love to do a world cruise but we are absolutely loyal to Royal. We noticed that this year Legend of the Seas is basically doing a 1/2 World cruise. Ft Lauderdale - San Diego, Ensenada - Honolulu, Honolulu -Sydney, Sydney - Singapore and Singapore - Hong Kong. All back to back. We were wondering if anyone has done something like this with Rcl. We will be diamond plus by then. Any information that you can share would be very much appreciated. [emoji1]

You should check out Explorer repositioning from the UK to Dubai to India to Singapore and then to Australia leaving October 2015.

Also Ovation in 2016 going from the UK to China.

We cruised from Galveston through to Dubai and it was wonderful. Some stayed on all the way to Singapore.

My husband and I are finally seeing the light at the end of the working years tunnel. We would love to do a world cruise but we are absolutely loyal to Royal. We noticed that this year Legend of the Seas is basically doing a 1/2 World cruise. Ft Lauderdale - San Diego, Ensenada - Honolulu, Honolulu -Sydney, Sydney - Singapore and Singapore - Hong Kong. All back to back. We were wondering if anyone has done something like this with Rcl. We will be diamond plus by then. Any information that you can share would be very much appreciated. [emoji1]

We've done B2B2B, but not this long, we'd suggest that since you're staying on the same ship, get the same cabin for each leg of your trip!

Have fun!:)

How many days was your cruise?

It was 30 days to Dubai and 45 to Singapore. We have done 3 Transatlantic cruises with the BTB which made it 28 - 30 days.

Yes, always try to get the same cabin for each cruise of your BTB. Being able to sleep in when everyone else is getting off is much better than having to change cabins.

I think the Explorer reposition we are booked on is 40+ days.

Does Rccl provide things like guest speakers or workshops? Special activities? Anything extra on the many sea days?

Sounds like an amazing adventure!! I have done one TA and yes they did - ours had ballroom dancing lessons, genealogy, jewelry making- and beleive more detailed than thenormal one hour offered here and there on a traditional 7 day. They also do a "progressive trivia" if you like that where you form teams and have a game daily on sea days and the winner is announced the last day.

Your ship based entertainment will be the same between segments - but if it pushes you to get to a show on the first segment- you could pick it up on the next round!

Enjoy your planning.

Fran

If you want more days (we've gone 50 days on two cruise lines, and it was FABULOUS!!), take a look at other RCCL ships, as well as Celebrity and Azamara before and after the Legend. You might be able to string another one on the front or back end. Also, the loyalty perks are reciprocated.

Edited by pcur

Thanks that is an option I had not thought of. It will still be a few years but we have started the planning process. Thinking about all costs and how much money we might need. Average number of shore excursions and average cost ect... Also which direction we want to explore. Thanks again for the multiple cruise line idea.

Gosh......as much as that sounds wonderful....and we love Royal ships....I don't think I could stay on Legend (Vision Class) for that length of time....not enough for me to do; Explorer (Voyager Class) is much bigger and has more to do, and more public places like (Royal Promenade) and it is doing a 42 day interesting set of back to back cruises that starts in Southhampton and ends up in Sydney....along the way is Barcelona, Dubai, Singapore and Perth.

IF I could do something like this....the Voyager Class would be much more interesting to me.