Carnival Valor - is it really that bad?

kchesneylover

Food wasn't served in the buffets all day. There were specific meal times. Otherwise, back to the pizza and burger bars (imagine the lines). This I blame on the cruise line. NCL has buffets open all day and night. I don't eat at conventional times (lunch is usually at 2 or later, dinner at 8 or so) so I often found myself looking to the long lines on the aft pool deck for pizza or burgers and dogs.

They also had the deli open all day. Awesome sandwiches. The sushi bar was open at certain times, plus room service. I don't eat at conventional times either. I always found great food available.

My simple advise would be to leave the finale judgement to yourself. Our first cruise on Triumph I did much of what you are likely doing right now. Reading every post that said Triumph on it. Based on what I read then I felt like I was going to find a rusted out hulk and it was only 4 years old. Many said the service was terrible and like you have read many said that kids run wild all day and night. What I read made me feel that I should cancel and just stay home.

We went anyway and found a beautyful well maintained ship that was very clean. If the service was terrible then the people who posted that need some serious help we found the staff outstanding and very attentive. As for kids running wild I have found that it all depends on when you sail. If you pick times when families and kids are likely to be on vacation (summer time,spring break,etc) then your going to have more kids around and possibly more problems. We cruised in Oct and there were very few kids and those that were there were very well behaved.

I guess what I'm saying read and use the information to help you decide but remember in most cases it's someone elses opinion and your take on things may be totally different.

Have a good time on your cruise and be sure to come back and give us your take on the Valor.

Regarding the lines. Yes, they are long at times, but rember this. You are on Vacation, not at work. It isn't like you have 5 minutes to grab something to eat, and then run to a meeting. I know some people may be on the way to a shore tour, but if you just got back, what is the hurry. It isn't like you are going anywhere, other than a table by the pool. I don't mean to offend anyone, so please don't take it that way.

We get so used to having everything now, that when you have to wait in line for a couple of minutes we get impatient. Wear a watch, and see how long it really takes, usually not as long as you think. Besides it gives you a chance to strike up a conversation with someone else in line. Also, if someone else goes balistic because they had to wait 2 minutes for their cheeseburger, you can laugh at what a fool they are acting like. I am amazed on how many people are in such a big hurry to get something to eat, and then just sit down.

I don't mind the wait, like I said, I am on Vacation. It allows me to stop and enjoy those few minutes.

Also, the next time you are in line waiting for something to eat, think about your co workers that are back at work waiting in line in a cafeteria and have to go back to work, while you get to go sit by the pool, look over the ocean in the Caribbean. It kinda puts it all in perspective. When you do get back to work, I am sure that you would rather spend 30 minutes in line for a burger on deck, versus 2 minutes in the company cafeteria. :)

I guess it is all a matter of perspective.

There are a lot of wonderful people out there, and waiting in line gives you a chance to talk to some of them.

Besides you are on a cruise, you can order 2 cheeseburgers, and it costs the same, NOTHING, and besides, we all know there is no Calories in any food that you eat on deck. :)

They also had the deli open all day. Awesome sandwiches. The sushi bar was open at certain times, plus room service. I don't eat at conventional times either. I always found great food available.

There were definite times of the day where the deli was NOT open. It was not open at times I wanted (I eat on a weird schedule) and when it was open, the line was long and slow. Same sandwiches could be ordered through room service quicker

Can someone tell me about the tween-teen activities on-board the Valor? One of the most important things to me, does the Valor have a separate disco/room for the age of 16? Will also be cruising with a 12 year old, both girls. All information for those age groups would be great.....

Thanx....

Elaine :)

There were definite times of the day where the deli was NOT open. It was not open at times I wanted (I eat on a weird schedule) and when it was open, the line was long and slow. Same sandwiches could be ordered through room service quicker

The deli was open 11:00 am - 11:00 pm. I have to say of all the food lines this one usually moved the fastest for me. This was in July, our ship was full.

Archived