Triumph ?

Perez1992

So has anyone cruised on triumph since the issues it was having in the past has this ship gotten any better since 2013?

Would you recommend staying midship 1st floor?

This is my first time cruising triumph , is there anything on the ship that I just have to try ?

Thanks

Miranda

I cruised on the Triumph after the incident. I had a lot of fun and the ship was nice!

I put together a Before Incident and Post Incident photo comparison of the ship on my blog:

http://www.embarkandaway.com/carnival-triumph-4day-cruise-review-2013.html

Also, here is my review of the ship that is filled with hundreds of pictures of the renovations:

I recommend trying a Guy's Burger. They are great! The mid-ship room on the Deck 1 should be fine.

I cruised the ship in 2010 and in 2013. My 2013 cruise on the Triumph was so much better than my 2010 cruise.

Edited by thecruiserofships

So has anyone cruised on triumph since the issues it was having in the past has this ship gotten any better since 2013?

This is my first time cruising triumph , is there anything on the ship that I just have to try ?

Thanks

Miranda

Make sure you go to the production shows at night. The Carnival Triumph currently has two great shows: Wonderful World and Big Easy

Try Guy's Burgers and the Blue Iguana Cantina (both are free). The Triumph has one of the best ice cream machines in my opinion on the Lido Deck. The ice cream was very creamy.

Are you planning on cruising on the Triumph out of Galveston or New Orleans?

We had a great time on her shortly after "her problems". Guys was very good and so were the shows. Didn't try the specialty restaurants and stayed higher up, so can't help there. We found the live music around the ship was very good as well. Wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

We cruised for the first time on the Triumph from March 2nd through the 14th this year and was pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed sailing on her. While we were on Deck 7 I cannot see any reason not too sail on her on any deck.

We had a cabin midship on this deck in February on the Triumph. Absolutely loved it. Very, very, quiet. Excellent room steward. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks

Miranda

Make sure you go to the production shows at night. The Carnival Triumph currently has two great shows: Wonderful World and Big Easy

Try Guy's Burgers and the Blue Iguana Cantina (both are free). The Triumph has one of the best ice cream machines in my opinion on the Lido Deck. The ice cream was very creamy.

Are you planning on cruising on the Triumph out of Galveston or New Orleans?

We are traveling from Galveston on October 10

Also interested in brunch I am 23 and he is 25

We cruised on the Triumph last September and we have another cruise planned on her this September! We were on the 1st floor midship and it was super quite. We would have booked the same room again but we decided to try out a balcony.

We enjoyed the shows and dinner. We never skipped dinner or a show! My finance enjoyed Guys Burgers! We slept in late and Guys Burgers and the buffet were always open when we decided to eat. We ate in the dining room once for breakfast but I don't remember what time they stopped serving.

There is no adult only deck, but we never had any issues with kids. We had a great time and we made it into a romantic getaway.

We enjoyed the comedy club (kid free) and the piano bar. We didn't stop by the piano bar till our last night and we probably would have been there more often if we had checked it out sooner. We liked to hang out by the bar where the shops are all at too. They had a musican there that played country and took requests. He knew every song!

I cruised on the Triumph after the incident. I had a lot of fun and the ship was nice!

I put together a Before Incident and Post Incident photo comparison of the ship on my blog:

Also, here is my review of the ship that is filled with hundreds of pictures of the renovations:

I recommend trying a Guy's Burger. They are great! The mid-ship room on the Deck 1 should be fine.

I cruised the ship in 2010 and in 2013. My 2013 cruise on the Triumph was so much better than my 2010 cruise.

Does the Triumph have a "guest talent show"? What is the "Gender challenge"? Cruising on July 18 2015.

Edited by oldvato

We've been on the Triumph twice in the past two years and love it. There is no adults only deck but there are tons of quiet spots around the ship you can find. We have always stayed on Deck 7 aft since it is just 2 floors either way to most of the things you want to do and no waiting for the elevators. Stay away from the forward rooms near the Atrium as the live music in doors will go pretty late and if you have a little one to get to sleep it will be difficult.

Triumph doesn't have the Serenity area....

Also guys does the triumph have an adult deck ? I will be traveling in October with my boyfriend of five years!! And we would like to get away for some quiet time
Edited by tkportersat

• 2 weeks later...

We're booked on the 10/5 out of Galveston. I booked a balcony on the Empress deck (our first balcony) this time. I am not a fan of "mid-ship" cabins. It seems there is more "running and yelling" up and down that hallway as opposed to the times we've cruised in the aft. We've had 2 inside cabins in the mid and it's been very noisy all hours of the night on two different ships.

Just my humble experience. Regardless, you'll still have loads of fun!!

We did the 12-day Journal of Discovery cruise from March 2 through the 14th and I didn't see any issues at all. Of course this was my first time on her and yes, I knew all the problems they experienced in 2013 but we went knowing that all issues were taken are of.