Summit - Embarkation Day Qustions

sheff29

1. What deck do you enter through gangplank?

2. We are checking out of the Sheraton Old San Juan Resort that morning... How long of a taxi ride will it be to the Pan Am pier? Was told approx $25 w bags for 2 people.

3. We'd like to board around noon, have lunch, explore ship, etc. Was told cabins usually ready around 1-1:30.

4. What can we expect when we pull up to pier? We did online check in already and received the luggage tags in mail. (ps, we are in concierge class so may board faster?)

Thanks for any help.

1. What deck do you enter through gangplank?

Deck 4 I believe as the Martini Bar was right there where we entered.

2. We are checking out of the Sheraton Old San Juan Resort that morning... How long of a taxi ride will it be to the Pan Am pier? Was told approx $25 w bags for 2 people.

Paid $19 for two people with a bag each and that was just last November so $25 would cover it. And believe it was about 20 minutes drive.

3. We'd like to board around noon, have lunch, explore ship, etc. Was told cabins usually ready around 1-1:30.

We were there around noon and we pretty much walked onto the ship. Counters had hardly anyone waiting and you just walked on the ship from there. It was our first time on Celebrity and they moved lines so efficient and they were so empty that they even redirected us to an Elite counter since they were all available. I was impressed.

4. What can we expect when we pull up to pier? We did online check in already and received the luggage tags in mail. (ps, we are in concierge class so may board faster?)

You can expect to get out of the taxi, walk in and register at the counters just inside and walk on the ship. Unlike Miami, their pier is not shared with so many cruise lines so the entry is pretty straight forward and not so chaotic as Miami. At least it was good when we went.

Edited by poffles

1. I believe it was deck 5

2. Probably 15-20 min, depending on traffic

3. Ours were ready at 1. We boarded around 11am.

4. A taxi will drop you at the luggage check point. You will go in the building, through security, then to the check in desk. Security took us about 2 minutes, and there was no wait at the checkin. After, you walk past about 10 photographers, up an escalator to the gangway.

Hopefully I can help as we were on this cruise in February and stayed at the Sheraton OSJ as well.

1. If my memory serves me right it was deck 5...nope checked the deck plan and I believe poffles is correct, it was deck 4

2. Pretty sure taxi ride was only 10-15 minutes. We left our hotel around 10:30am and were on board and in a lounger about 11:20. Cost was Zone 4 to Zone 4 so $10 + $2 fuel + $1 per bag + tip

3. Yes, cabins were ready between 1:00 and 1:30

4. Bags were left with baggage handlers, lines weren't long at all, security scan was quick and the line for concierge was extremely short, I think we waited maybe 2 minutes. After the check-in and getting our sea pass cards we were directed to have a seat but we were only there about 5 minutes before we were allowed to board. We headed up and could have had our pictures taken, politely declined and then we were boarding and hearing the first ping of our cards being read as we got our boarding picture taken. Within a minute of that we had mimosa in hand! Enjoy!

Edited by santa24
wrong information