name changes and age

We have 5 rooms reserved. One person can't come and we would like to reorder the roommates. One room had my 50 yr old brother (person 1) and my daughter's 20 yr old boyfriend (person 2). My brother can't come so we'd like to substitute my 22 yr old daughter for him. Is this a problem since he was the person 1? Is it a problem to remove adult from a minor? The replacement would be an adult. Would any of this change the price?

Original: 1. brother-50 2. boyfriend-20

Change to: 1. daughter-22 2. boyfriend-20

I don't know when your cruise is, but I was told that changes can be made up until the final payment due date. And, since you are putting another "adult" in the room with a "minor", that shouldn't be a problem. If you are removing a person completely (one less person) then the price should change (as long as you have at least 2 people in all the other rooms).

Edited by tripster

We have 5 rooms reserved. One person can't come and we would like to reorder the roommates. One room had my 50 yr old brother (person 1) and my daughter's 20 yr old boyfriend (person 2). My brother can't come so we'd like to substitute my 22 yr old daughter for him. Is this a problem since he was the person 1? Is it a problem to remove adult from a minor? The replacement would be an adult. Would any of this change the price?

Original: 1. brother-50 2. boyfriend-20

Change to: 1. daughter-22 2. boyfriend-20

don't see a problem. You can make the change up to 24 hrs before the cruise. May be a small charge ($50) if after final payment

This was quite a few years ago when we had to do this. Empress was still a ship lol. However, it was a friend of my mothers. We were due to sail in 5 days, and they canceled. We found another person to take their place. No fee was charged and it wasn't an issue, just called and changed the name. Like I said it was years ago, so i'm not sure how Royal has changed policies since then, but keep us posted