An exceptional NCL customer service experience

Mama2littleman

So...you're here in a place that has no interest for you and your criteria for choosing your type of reply is "less or more confrontational"? IOW, with you its always confrontation, the only decision is how much?

Feeble try at putting words in my mouth, so I'll give it one last shot:

--Poster has like, five posts (which I couldn't readily see until I opened the thread)

--The 'exceptional' experience, as others pointed out, was run-of-the-mill

--Combining the two things above, I thought that others pointing out that the 'exceptional' service was not exceptional and should not be exceptional was more than reasonable.

--I thought that the OP's enthusiasm was less explicable.

--I tried to be gracious by using the word 'interested' when I might have said something stronger.

The end.

Take the last word if you want it. I need to go to work, and I expect you're missing 'The Smurfs'.

Feeble try at putting words in my mouth, so I'll give it one last shot:

--Poster has like, five posts (which I couldn't readily see until I opened the thread) So what? Does a person's post count really mean THAT much to you?

--The 'exceptional' experience, as others pointed out, was run-of-the-mill Again, so what? The idea that the experience was "run of the mill" was simply your own opinion, which was shared by others. However, that doesn't change the fact that in the OP's eyes, the experience was exceptional. That is their opinion and shouldn't be subject to your personal brand of judgment.

--Combining the two things above, I thought that others pointing out that the 'exceptional' service was not exceptional and should not be exceptional was more than reasonable. Again, simply your own opinion. Something perhaps better shared in your own thread instead of trying to crap all over someone else's thread.

--I thought that the OP's enthusiasm was less explicable. Wow. No shortage of judgment today, huh? The OP should probably apologize for not meeting your enthusiasm expectation, right?

--I tried to be gracious by using the word 'interested' when I might have said something stronger. Gracious wouldn't have passed judgment. Gracious doesn't need to be the dark cloud inside every silver lining.

The end.

Take the last word if you want it. I need to go to work, and I expect you're missing 'The Smurfs'.

I couldn't put the words in your mouth...it would be too obvious that they weren't your own. However, see the above for the reply you requested.

Have fun at work.

So it's not a myth then! Glad you're pleased.

I've emailed three times and checked the email address via Twitter and not even had a gnat's breath of a response. I've given up now and just put it down to my not being a potential high value customer and therefore at the bottom of their list.

I had a great first time PCC experience and it is largely because of her I came back to ncl so easily. She was friendly, quick to answer my questions and set all of my expectations perfectly. She went out of her way to make sure my 10 year Anniversary was exactly what I wanted. Being in a call center job, regardless of type, is one of the hardest. We, my friends of John/Jane Q Public are not so easy to deal with....

Oh Christmas!

Thanks everyone for the lovely responses, and even the not so lovely ones :eek:.

As one poster mentioned, it was past final payment and was not a cancel and rebook, and therefore, the customer service rep didn't have to do diddly for me.

We are an obscenely privileged group on this board. We are fortunate enough to have enough disposable income to be able to afford to have amazing experiences and travel the world. I choose to be grateful for that opportunity. Whether or not you choose to, is not my issue to resolve. Not my circus, not my monkeys :) .

Just remember, you don't always have to embrace the suck. It's ok to choose to be happy once in a while.

To those that are cruising on the Gem at the end of May, I look forward to meeting you.

Nikki

I've emailed three times and checked the email address via Twitter and not even had a gnat's breath of a response. I've given up now and just put it down to my not being a potential high value customer and therefore at the bottom of their list.

Have you tried calling them? I'm hardly a "high value" customer. A balcony room is a splurge for me. I've found that a phone call often gets me a more personal touch than email.

Nikki

Oh Christmas!

Thanks everyone for the lovely responses, and even the not so lovely ones :eek:.

As one poster mentioned, it was past final payment and was not a cancel and rebook, and therefore, the customer service rep didn't have to do diddly for me.

We are an obscenely privileged group on this board. We are fortunate enough to have enough disposable income to be able to afford to have amazing experiences and travel the world. I choose to be grateful for that opportunity. Whether or not you choose to, is not my issue to resolve. Not my circus, not my monkeys :) .

Just remember, you don't always have to embrace the suck. It's ok to choose to be happy once in a while.

To those that are cruising on the Gem at the end of May, I look forward to meeting you.

Nikki

Looking for a LIKE button! Well said, have a great time on your cruise :)

Oh Christmas!

Nikki

Well said:-)

Have you tried calling them? I'm hardly a "high value" customer. A balcony room is a splurge for me. I've found that a phone call often gets me a more personal touch than email.

Nikki

Thanks, but I'm in the UK so phoning is a bit difficult. Probably being a British customer in an OV cabin who hasn't prepaid her DSC isn't high on their list of potentially lucrative clients. :p

I know how easy it is to complain about less than stellar experiences with customer service, but I want to take this opportunity to thank a customer service representative that went above and beyond ...

I books a cruise for me and the kidlet to celebrate our respective birthdays at the end of May out of New York. I got an obscenely fair price for a balcony room, given the current UBP promotion.

My old Army roommate expressed an interest in joining us for the trip. I called NCL directly and the customer service representative went above an beyond and made sure that the added person got the "sail free" offer for the 3rd person in the room, not only that, but she shuffled the people in the room so my friend got the UBP and my son (a minor) got the soda package, all for no additional charge.

I got placed on hold for about 10 minutes, but it was completely worth it, since that time was spent getting my party the best possible deal. AND she apologized for my having to wait, even though the computer wanted to initially charge us a higher rate, and the time was spent making sure we received the best value for our dollar.

So ... share your awesome Customer Service Experiences. If this is any indication, I will sail Norwegian again.

On our last cruise on the Getaway, we all had balcony cabins booked. I wanted to upgrade us to the B6s (large balcony). I don't recall the exact reason, but I was not able to pay for an upgrade. I send an email to NCL, explained the issue, and reiterated that I wanted to pay for the upgrade, but couldn't (I don't remember if there was a certain promotion or what. Probably would have lost the OBC.) Anyway, next thing you know, they upgraded me AND my family, for free, to the B6s. Was unexpected and very nice.

Edited by SissasMomE

However it is ncls fault if they can't fix any bed bug problem they have

And yes I know bed bugs come from many sources so no need to point that out

But just like with a Noro situation Ncl is responsible for eliminating the threat

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

and what makes you think they did not or have not eliminated the bb problem? As for Noro, NCL has one of the best records in the industry for keeping it under control. No cruise line can guarantee 100% success.

Let's just say, the OP is happy with NCL and yes, there are those who would rather bitch when things don't go their way than praise when they do.

BTW, you say it is up to NCL to eliminate the treat: that is totally impossible!!!!

Hearing back after an email depends more on what you are emailing the company about and how you present yourself. This goes for all companies, not just NCL. No, you are not at the bottom of any list, there are just times when there is nothing that can be done. OK, we all like a response and I have trouble understanding why there can't be one, even if it is a simple form letter, but business doesn't always work that way.

Funny, because I do always expect a response from customer services, even if it's an email to say we can't help you. It seems that there are differences in expectations between nationalities. Seeing as you guys all tip so generously compared to us Brits, you'd think you'd get (or at least expect) better service over there.