Do points ever expire, and Cape Liberty future questions?

Two questions kinda tie into one. We are Platinum level [i know not a huge feat], but we are. We are not going to be able to cruise for probably 3 years or so. We kinda got ourselves in a little financial mess that we are digging ourselves out of [long story]. We will be out of this mess in 3 years, we have strict plan. Anyway do cruise points ever expire? We can't go down in a category can we if we don't sail for a few years can we?

Also since we won't be able to cruise for a few years, what is the outlook on Cape Liberty? I know we are getting Liberty for a while, then Anthem is supposed to be here for a long time, but what are your thoughts and predictions for 3 years from now when we can sail again? Another long story, we only sail out of our home state, Cape Liberty NJ. Thanks for any replies.

Just built a large terminal there now and with plans of building a parking garage I think Royal with be there for awhile.

As far as losing your points, that won't happen either. Categories could change somewhere down the line, but no one really knows that at this point.

Jimbo:)

We went 4 years without sailing due to DH's kidney issues. When we resumed cruising in 2014, all our points were there and waiting for us.

As far as Cape Liberty, I believe it will be there for the long run. Can't say which ship(s) may come and go, but I believe Royal will be there for quite some time to come.