Deposit Amount?

Does the website reflect the 50 percent off deposit?

I am looking at a cruise that is 10 days long and for a regular balcony for 2 (on Allure) it says the deposit is $900.... is that correct or is that before the half price?

It seems high to be half off, so wanted to ask.

I am looking at a cruise that is 10 days long and for a regular balcony for 2 (on Allure) it says the deposit is $900.... is that correct or is that before the half price?

That seems to be the normal deposit. In the past, the website was not able to handle promotional deposit amounts. You can try putting a courtesy hold on the cruise, and then call Royal to make the reduced deposit.

The Allure isn't eligible as per the fine print at the very bottom of the offer. That being said, I have tried to reserve two cruises that should be eligible and both times the website is charging me the full deposit. I even called and RC told me the deposit would be 50% while the website was charging 100%. Anyway, the new ships aren't eligible for the offer and the cruise has to be 7 days or longer and the room has to be an ocean view or above, but not a suite.

You have to call for reduced deposits. For some reason, Royal's brilliant :cool: IT department cant figure out how to make their wonderful website do that.

It says:

(except on Quantum of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas) to take advantage of this offer.

Where does it say Allure doesn't count?

Allure does count. Put a hold on it like clarea said and call them on the phone.

Alright thank you guys.. I did put it on hold, was just trying to figure out what was happening before I called.. thanks guys!

I originally had a hold on a cabin for Oasis. When I called I was told that they couldn't process the booking on the phone because I put the hold on the cabin. I had to cancel the hold and call back to book the room.

I originally had a hold on a cabin for Oasis. When I called I was told that they couldn't process the booking on the phone because I put the hold on the cabin. I had to cancel the hold and call back to book the room.

Weird- I put a hold on a cabin the other day and called and gave the payment.

You have to call for reduced deposits. For some reason, Royal's brilliant :cool: IT department cant figure out how to make their wonderful website do that.

Amazing isn't it:rolleyes: What a waste of time for all involved for something that could be so simple. I am thinking of booking a short cruise and I think I will just pay the full deposit rather than have to get on the phone with them. It has to be paid at some point

Edited by molly361

Amazing isn't it:rolleyes: What a waste of time for all involved for something that could be so simple. I am thinking of booking a short cruise and I think I will just pay the full deposit rather than have to get on the phone with them. It has to be paid at some point

I suspect it is well within their capability to handle reduced deposits on the website. This way, most people who book on the website don't know they are not getting reduced deposits, and it increases cash flow.

Well we saved $500 to put on Harmony, but when we seen the longer cruise with Allure and the better ports.. we changed our mind... but we don't have $900 to put on it today.... $900 is alot in one month when we don't even make that a week :P.... but anyways point is... I'm trying to make 100 percent certain I want Allure over Harmony before calling in!

It says:

(except on Quantum of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas) to take advantage of this offer.

Where does it say Allure doesn't count?

My apologies! I was going off memory and I thought Allure and Oasis were included because I remembered the guy on the phone telling me those ships were on the list, but you're correct, allure does count. So it's probably just the same problem I had where you had to call because the website didn't show up correctly.