Tipping

Ashtonwa

I know this has been mentioned before since I have read up on some threads. What I still have a question on is multiple people. My husband and three kids are taking a zipline tour next week in PV. There will be multiple people helping them,etc. throughout the six hour excursion. How in the world do you factor in tips for all those people for four of us? I can't break the bank as the excursion was already pricy but I won't go without tipping either. Do they split tips if you give it to just one person or do you have to be tipping all over the place? Likewise, a catamaran down to las caletas will have entertainment on board. Do I have to tip all of them?

Edited by Ashtonwa

I know this has been mentioned before since I have read up on some threads. What I still have a question on is multiple people. My husband and three kids are taking a zipline tour next week in PV. There will be multiple people helping them,etc. throughout the six hour excursion. How in the world do you factor in tips for all those people for four of us? I can't break the bank as the excursion was already pricy but I won't go without tipping either. Do they split tips if you give it to just one person or do you have to be tipping all over the place? Likewise, a catamaran down to las caletas will have entertainment on board. Do I have to tip all of them?

I suggest you go to the port boards and mention the company that you are going with. Perhaps someone there will know the answer.

If this is a ship sponsored excursion, then go to the cruise line board and to the roll call and ask there. If you still don't get an answer ask the shore excursion manager when you get on board.

First of all, don't sweat the small stuff. Tipping is a personal choice.

Having said that,,, on almost ALL excursions, at the end or towards the end of the excursion,,,, your main tour guide or the ships captain will casually mention gratuities. There will be a collection jar or plate (just like at church :D ) where you can leave your tips. You are not expected to tip individually. Let them worry about how to split it up.

How much to tip with your size family???? Let the excursion and the tour guide folks make that decision for you. Start with $0 in mind. Then the tip goes up from there based on entertainment value, personal service, and safety.

Median??? $20 for the family. Max ???

You tip the head person with the excursion...that's all, assuming you need to tip. IT's up to them to divvie up tips.

Not all excursions require tips...If you feel the price you paid gave you MORE than expected, feel free to give more. If not, don't worry about it. We've had excursions that were soooo much more than expected..we tip for that. We've had excursions where it's no more than transportation...we do not tip for that!