Escape Haven advice H5 vs H7

skivoodoo

We are booked for our first Haven experience. We are booked in an H5 in the courtyard because we thought it would be better to be close to all of the amenities, but are now considering a forward facing H7.

After seeing the size of the H7 we are intrigued with moving. Any advice from experienced NCL cruisers is much appreciated. Is the service better in the courtyard area?

The prices are almost identical on our sailing. Also, the floorplans for the H7 are different on each deck. I know it's still being built but any advice on which cabin in H7 may be better would help us decide.

Thanks ahead of time. We're very excited to get back to the cruiseline that started our addiction! Our first cruise ever was on the Norway!

We are booked for our first Haven experience. We are booked in an H5 in the courtyard because we thought it would be better to be close to all of the amenities, but are now considering a forward facing H7.

After seeing the size of the H7 we are intrigued with moving. Any advice from experienced NCL cruisers is much appreciated. Is the service better in the courtyard area?

The prices are almost identical on our sailing. Also, the floorplans for the H7 are different on each deck. I know it's still being built but any advice on which cabin in H7 may be better would help us decide.

Thanks ahead of time. We're very excited to get back to the cruiseline that started our addiction! Our first cruise ever was on the Norway!

After seeing the H7 and the size difference, we opted for the H7 on deck 9. I heard that that is the largest H7. With deck 12 second. I always feel more comfortable in a larger suite-but the money for a much larger suite is too much for our budget. You can see a video of the H7 on youtube. I know it isn't in the Haven- but should be quiet and we will eat in probably only specialty restaurants. I also assume that the shows aren't in the Haven, but elsewhere on the ship.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you all for your views. I'm still torn, but either way we will have a great cruise! For now, we are staying put in the Haven area. We figure we can use the Haven as our second room.😎

I, also, have an H5 booked but am still debating if I want to change to an H7.

Does anyone know if the H7 balcony will have the 'glass' to look through or if it will be the other type? If it's not glass, when sitting down I can't see anything unless it's far away. Standing I can see everything. Also, the balcony says it's only 32 sq. feet for the H7 but the H5 balcony is larger.

The H5 is in the Haven but really does not have a 'sitting area'.

The H7 is not in the Haven but does have a 'sitting area'.

I think I'm driving myself a bit to crazy with this! LOL

*Edit - I think I just remembered that the balcony on H5 is actually on the side and the window from the bedroom faces forward.....IF this is like the Breakaway....does anyone know this for sure?

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

I would go with larger room every single time. I don't mind taking a bit of a walk to get to the Haven area itself....and the butler service is the same no matter where you are located - if that's what you mean by service. I think it's a bit loud in the actual courtyard - people always walking by your door to get to the pool or lounge or restaurant. I think it would be a bit more quite outside the Haven itself.

Do you think the H7 on lower decks have better balconies? It seems as though the prefered deck on the 'away ships are lower decks for the H7. I think it's the size of the balcony and not the room? Any thoughts?

Hi,

I have never had the privilege of being in a Haven Suite. I am very excited to be in a mini-suite on the Escape's inaugural cruise Nov 14th.

I don't know when you are sailing but, here was my thought process in choosing our cabin: I have been on a cruise on Nov 14th twice (my birthday!) when it was hit by a hurricane. This is the tail end of hurricane season. Luckily, I don't get seasick but, on one cruise, I was at the bow of the ship and, I was thrown out of my bed and into the air. Our cabin was trashed. For the upcoming cruise, I booked mid ship--14832--just in case.

Most recently, in April, I was in the bow of the Carnival Valor and it was awesome looking forward. So...it depends on when you are sailing and how lucky you are. Either way, have a great time! :)