Port of Miami Questions!

blaken09

Hey friendly cruisers, just some questions about Port of Miami, first off does anyone have any recommendations as far as a good place to stay the night before the cruise that also offers the option to leave your car parked there? We live in Orlando and thought we'd drive down the night before if we can pay a little more than the cruise terminal parking to stay one more night in advance and get to leave our car there also.

Also, looking for tips or recommendations as to where to park while on the cruise in Miami if we don't do a hotel? If any of you have any places you've parked at before that are a bit cheaper than parking at the port but still a good experience please let me know!

We've booked Epic Miami by Kimpton hotel for the night after our cruise which we're really looking forward to!

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Hey friendly cruisers, just some questions about Port of Miami, first off does anyone have any recommendations as far as a good place to stay the night before the cruise that also offers the option to leave your car parked there? We live in Orlando and thought we'd drive down the night before if we can pay a little more than the cruise terminal parking to stay one more night in advance and get to leave our car there also.

Also, looking for tips or recommendations as to where to park while on the cruise in Miami if we don't do a hotel? If any of you have any places you've parked at before that are a bit cheaper than parking at the port but still a good experience please let me know!

We've booked Epic Miami by Kimpton hotel for the night after our cruise which we're really looking forward to!

Go the the North American Home Ports page, then Florida Departures and you will be able to search for all the answers you want. Also, the Florida experts are all on that page and can help you. There are probably 10 posts on the first two pages that can give you the answers you are looking for.

In Ft. Lauderdale I have stayed at Cambria Stuites and Best Western right to the west of the interstate. They are in the same area. You can see one from the other. Also in that vicinity have stayed at I think the Hilton but it may have been the Sheraton, to the east of the Interstate in that same area. I am thinking it was Hilton but possibly Sheraton.

When you call, make sure to get the quote that includes the parking of your car. At Cambria, there was some confusion. I was certain we had the parking included rate but they said no and it would be 49.00 extra. Based upon that memory if the price is the same I would vote for Best Western. The rooms were quite similar. Cambria had a little office type room with a TV and sofa. Best Western had no office area but due to that, the room was that much bigger. Also check with Ramada. Not as fancy but they give a full buffet breakfast, at least they did in 2009. Do mapquest to assist you in finding Ramada if you stay there especially.

As far as transportaion to and from the port of Miami call SAS transportation. At the time, in April of 2011 the price was 15.00 each way. They go to many of the hotels in Ft. Lauderdale.

In Ft. Lauderdale I have stayed at Cambria Stuites and Best Western right to the west of the interstate. They are in the same area. You can see one from the other. Also in that vicinity have stayed at I think the Hilton but it may have been the Sheraton, to the east of the Interstate in that same area. I am thinking it was Hilton but possibly Sheraton.

When you call, make sure to get the quote that includes the parking of your car. At Cambria, there was some confusion. I was certain we had the parking included rate but they said no and it would be 49.00 extra. Based upon that memory if the price is the same I would vote for Best Western. The rooms were quite similar. Cambria had a little office type room with a TV and sofa. Best Western had no office area but due to that, the room was that much bigger. Also check with Ramada. Not as fancy but they give a full buffet breakfast, at least they did in 2009. Do mapquest to assist you in finding Ramada if you stay there especially.

As far as transportaion to and from the port of Miami call SAS transportation. At the time, in April of 2011 the price was 15.00 each way. They go to many of the hotels in Ft. Lauderdale.

Since they are driving to Miami, I don't think they'd want to stay in Fort Lauderdale, leave their car, and take a shuttle (SAS) to Port of Miami. I expect they want to stay in Miami area.

We always stay at the La Quinta Miami Airport East. You can park your car for free during your cruise and they provide free shuttle transportation TO the pier. You can buy a pass for your return trip to the hotel for 15/per person. We've stayed there 5 times. Not a new hotel...but far worth the price.

Since they are driving to Miami, I don't think they'd want to stay in Fort Lauderdale, leave their car, and take a shuttle (SAS) to Port of Miami. I expect they want to stay in Miami area.

A lot of folks, including myself stay in F.L when cruising from Miami. The shuttles were quite full. The SAS service is great, only 45 minutes or so. Just another option, and not inconvenient at all. Some of the lines, maybe all have an add on from the port of Miami to the F.L. airport as well as the Miami airport, so there is a demand.

We are staying at the Hyatt Miami airport the night before, they offer free long term parking while you are gone, they include shuttle for 2 one way to the port. I called them and if you have more than 2 people, we have 6, they will call a cab for you or the great front desk manager offered us Uber cab service and she would help us download the app with a coupon for your first fare free. So I like that price for a nice hotel and great service, they also offer a free hot breakfast too.

We are staying at the Hyatt Miami airport the night before, they offer free long term parking while you are gone, they include shuttle for 2 one way to the port. I called them and if you have more than 2 people, we have 6, they will call a cab for you or the great front desk manager offered us Uber cab service and she would help us download the app with a coupon for your first fare free. So I like that price for a nice hotel and great service, they also offer a free hot breakfast too.

Is this Hyatt Place Miami on 82nd Ave or Hyatt House Miami Airport on Blue Lagoon? Do you know the name of the manager you spoke with who offered the free Uber ride, and if they offer this to all guest? Thanks.

Is this Hyatt Place Miami on 82nd Ave or Hyatt House Miami Airport on Blue Lagoon? Do you know the name of the manager you spoke with who offered the free Uber ride, and if they offer this to all guest? Thanks.

Hi

I spoke to Kathryn. Here is the hotel info:

Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral

3655 NW 82nd Avenue

Miami, FL 33166, US

Tel: +1 305 718 8292

Fax: +1 305 718 8295

• 2 weeks later...
We always stay at the La Quinta Miami Airport East. You can park your car for free during your cruise and they provide free shuttle transportation TO the pier. You can buy a pass for your return trip to the hotel for 15/per person. We've stayed there 5 times. Not a new hotel...but far worth the price.

I just called the hotel and they said it was $10 a person for ride to the port???

Hotels change their policies all the time. Sometimes seasonally. If there are more than two of you, don't bother with the shuttle. Just cab it. Same for any per person charge back to the hotel. A cab won't be more than $25-30. So I'd certainly just use a cab and avoid the hassle of shuttles.

A lot of folks, including myself stay in F.L when cruising from Miami. The shuttles were quite full. The SAS service is great, only 45 minutes or so. Just another option, and not inconvenient at all. Some of the lines, maybe all have an add on from the port of Miami to the F.L. airport as well as the Miami airport, so there is a demand.

Yes, I'm aware of lots of people staying in Fort Lauderdale when they fly in to FLL. However, please re-read the original post. OP said they are driving to Miami.

We have not yet flown into FLL & cruised out of MIA. However, when I book the airfare, I check both. MIA is usually more than FLL (from DTW-Detroit). If airfare to MIA was much more than $30 pp roundtrip, we'd be flying into FLL & booking SAS Transportation (or something).

When I booked airfare the end of February for our January 2016 B2B, MIA was just a little bit more so we're flying in to MIA. We also had a free AmEx companion fare which helped.

Edited by Sparky2

I just called the hotel and they said it was $10 a person for ride to the port???

Interesting. We've stayed there 3 times - last in 2014. No charge for hotel to port.

There website still shows "daily free one-way Port of Miami shuttle".

We have this hotel booked for next January, but I also booked another hotel and can decide which one to cancel.

The reviews on TripAdvisor are not too good right now. We've always been happy with it in the past except for no decent place to eat.