Price Drop After Final Payment

kapcruiser

I just booked our cruise last week for May. Final payment was due at time of booking. The IS guarantee room I booked dropped 200.00. Is there anything I can do?

Enjoy your cruise?

Check the rate for a higher category. If lower than you paid perhaps they would give you a courtesy upgrade.

Other than that, don't look at the fare anymore and enjoy your cruise. :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I booked with early saver and today I decided to do a mock booking to get a price for a friend that may want to join us. I realized there was a $390 difference so I called carnival and they walked me through the steps to get an on board credit (final payment was paid last week). If you look on carnival.com and on the bottom of the home page there is a option to click lowest price guarantee button and you can submit a form for an on board credit. Waiting to hear back from them. Says we will hear back in in 2 business days.

I just booked our cruise last week for May. Final payment was due at time of booking. The IS guarantee room I booked dropped 200.00. Is there anything I can do?

Your best bet is to stop checking prices since there is nothing you can do at this point. You'll drive yourself nuts if you keep checking.

The last minute savings is generally meant to offset increased airfare and last minute scramble, but 2 months away you're not very inconvenienced. I don't know about Carnival, but RCL and Celebrity will still let you upgrade after final payment. If you're in an OV and the Balcony is now $150 difference, you're basically still getting the new savings, just on a better cabin.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor