Benefit to booking with a PVP

EnTnSA

I have always booked via the website, or just calling in. I have never booked with a PVP. That said, lately, every time i log in to check on cruises I get a call from my PVP. We are considering a cruise in October. Do I gain anything by booking with a PVP vs. booking on the website?

Thanks!

After doing it both ways, I think it comes down to having a really great PVP. Never thought much about it until I saw the difference. I ask a question, he gets back to me before I even think he's even had time to check his e-mail....I refer a friend to him and they're initial contact from him is literally within the hour.....I had asked for direction to a 'form' requesting a price drop, and before the business day was over, he had completed it for me and sent a new receipt with the credit, so I didn't have to do it.

I won't be booking without him again. He's just a dandy. I wonder if he ever sleeps........ I don't know if I'm allowed to post his name or contact info but I'll be glad to get it to you.

I have always booked via the website, or just calling in. I have never booked with a PVP. That said, lately, every time i log in to check on cruises I get a call from my PVP. We are considering a cruise in October. Do I gain anything by booking with a PVP vs. booking on the website?

Thanks!

It really depends on the PVP. I had one..she called me all the time until I booked. When I called to ask questions..she was snappy and didn't look up my account. A couple people suggested a different one and I contacted her. She has been great..already got me a better cabin and OBC. So..a referral from someone who has one they like..is a good idea.

Thanks!

See "My PVP Rocks!!!" discussion above.

Can you just change PVP?

Yes..but the new PVP would not get the money from the booking. The new PVP I talked with was very hesitant to do anything(because I had already booked with someone else) I needed to send an email..saying I wanted to change pvps and why. It hasn't officially been changed but hopefully soon.

I no longer use the PVP, I use our Discover card travel people as I get the cash back reward whenever I book a cruise. Never had any trouble with this company and the cash back is an extra bonus. Sometimes I get 10% of the cruise cost back. That's a chunk of change, just like getting an extra OBC.