Harmony of the Seas- Thanksgiving Cruise

We were going to do a back to back of Indy and Harmony in December (NYE), but we changed our mind and booked Navigator instead in Nov.... the only Harmony cruise that can go with it is Thanksgiving week.

I am debating on if I should do this or not.... It's close to one of the first sailings which is cool and the price is only $75 difference than the other one we were looking at (in April) if we separated them.

I don't have a problem cruising during the holiday... but I have never cruised during the holiday's and have no clue what to expect.. and it is our first time on an Oasis class.

Do the ships do anything special on Thanksgiving?

What do you guys think the Thanksgiving sailing or April 1st?

Since it's a new(er) boat, I'm not sure if that will mean MORE kids or less.... and I'm not sure if that would even matter.. especially with a boat this size.... I don't mind kids as long as they don't mess with us! :)

Anyways, opinions?

They will have a turkey dinner with all the "fixin's"! No worries...there will be kids onboard! There are ALWAYS kids!

As far as time of year...I like spring better.....

Edited by cb at sea

6 Thanksgivings at sea in a row for us, if you book them early the prices are usually reasonable, its a time of year when I know my son is out of school and I can get vacation, etc.

There is a thanksgiving menu option on thanksgiving day and usually the Christmas decorations go up right after thanksgiving (although last year the tree went up before thanksgiving but still that week).

I had planned to book Harmony for Thanksgiving when it was released last week but the prices was double what I have typically paid and much as I would "like" to take a ride on Harmony not interested at that price, booked Adventure out of San Juan for half the price and will circle back on Harmony down the road.