Carnival Liberty - new itinerary or temporary?

pghsteelerfan

For Liberty's first Southern Carib. cruise out of San Juan PR, late March 2015

we were booked in Ocean View Cabin 2279, on the starboard side

- a little fwd. of the halfway mark along the hull.

No vibration(that usually happens after, near engines, props, generators, etc)

but we did have a rather annoying creaking/groaning sound

coming from somewhere just below us, which went on the whole night through!

I recall feeling sorry for the folks in OV Cabin 1267, directly under us

and who surely had the source of the noise Right Next To Them! :eek:

I associated it with...possibly...the stabiliser?

We were only on board for 3 nites (P.Rico to Barbados)

but the noise got worse, night after night!

Won't be booking that cabin again any time soon.

Just great ..... we are in cabin 1275 next week! Please fix the noise before then!

Am on the next sailing of the Liberty and we are soooo curious to know where we will be going!

There is another thread about Liberty/St. Kitts and it looks like they're going to Antigua instead of St. Kitts this week...another great choice. This was posted yesterday from someone who received a letter before they boarded Liberty informing them they would be going to Antigua instead of St. Kitts. Here's the link to the other thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2198298

Edited by pghsteelerfan

There is another thread about Liberty/St. Kitts and it looks like they're going to Antigua instead of St. Kitts this week...another great choice. This was posted yesterday from someone who received a letter before they boarded Liberty informing them they would be going to Antigua instead of St. Kitts. Here's the link to the other thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2198298

Yes, we'll be in Antigua from 8-5

Carnival Liberty - 4/14/12 - 4/21/12 - San Juan, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk - First Cruise

Carnival Breeze - 3/16/13 - 3/24/13 - St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and Nassau

Carnival Ecstasy - 3/31/14 - 4/5/14 - Key West and Cozumel

Carnival Sunshine - 4/17/14 - 4/19/14 - Freeport - PC Inaugural

Carnival Liberty - 4/19/15 - 4/26/15 - St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten - Gold Cruise

Yes, we'll be in Antigua from 8-5

Carnival Liberty - 4/14/12 - 4/21/12 - San Juan, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk - First Cruise

Carnival Breeze - 3/16/13 - 3/24/13 - St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and Nassau

Carnival Ecstasy - 3/31/14 - 4/5/14 - Key West and Cozumel

Carnival Sunshine - 4/17/14 - 4/19/14 - Freeport - PC Inaugural

Carnival Liberty - 4/19/15 - 4/26/15 - St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten - Gold Cruise

Can you try to find out where they are going next week. We get on the 26th thanks.

I'm the 26th too! I wish we knew so we could make some plans, I strongly prefer Antigua as we already went to Dominica twice, years back. Can never complain about another beautiful beach day!:cool:

Of course St. Kitts is my first choice but I'm thinking the odds are against that!

I was on the NCL Pearl on April 13th in St. Thomas. The Liberty was behind us and pulled out about 15 minutes before us. When we cleared the harbour we saw the Liberty circling back and coming to a full stop outside of harbour entrance. She stayed in that position for as long as we could see her. Wonder if propulsion problems were happening there as well

I called Carnival on Sunday. The representative told me for the May 3rd sailing we are going to Antigua. I'm going to call again today to reconfirm.

This frustrates me because I am also on the May 3rd sailing and I just called Carnival tonight. I was told we are still going to St Kitts. WTH! I will call again tomorrow to ask someone else.

Please let me know what you find out. When the rep told me we were going to Antigua I tried booking a kayaking tour through an independent excursion. They replied back that Carnival had bought up all the spots and we needed to book through them. So I was confident with the info I was given but now I'm not so sure. I don't mind the change I just want to know.

I was on the NCL Pearl on April 13th in St. Thomas. The Liberty was behind us and pulled out about 15 minutes before us. When we cleared the harbour we saw the Liberty circling back and coming to a full stop outside of harbour entrance. She stayed in that position for as long as we could see her. Wonder if propulsion problems were happening there as well

I was on that cruise, the captain made an announcement about doing a recalibration of the compass. So that meant we would be stopping, turning, slowing the ship during this process. Thought it was weird but never noticed any of that.

Hi Katpem,

Would you mind telling us what you did in Dominica and how much it cost?

Thanks.

This time, we did the Hot Springs Excursion booked through Carnival. I am not sure how much it was, my husband booked it but I think it was $60-75 per person. Our plan, once we found out we were going, was to go to the Hot SPrings. I had spent St Lucia ziplining for my kids that included a tarzan swing and a free fall....I kept telling them that I would much rather be at a hot spring and that they had better know how much I love them cause I was doing the free fall and tarzan swing just for them. LOL, so when we heard Dominica, I knew that was where I wanted to go and the kids agreed since I had ziplined. We originally were going to take a taxi to Screw spa but the excursion included the Titou Gorge and we knew the kids would love it so we did the excursion as that needs to be done with a guide.

We were there in Nov 2013 and Screw Spa was closed (on a Monday) so we took a cab to the Emerald Pool and then went to Tia's spa. It was amazing yet very different from Screw Spa. Both are nice, Screw spa is huge, tia's is more intimate.

We were first there in June 2004 and fell in love with the island. We took a cab to Trafalgar falls with another couple we had met on the boat. The cab driver hooked us up with a guide that took us to the pool at the bottom of the falls, we had it to ourselves for about 30 minutes. We then hd the cab driver take us to Champagne Beach where we got snorkel gear and were hooked up with another guide that took us via the ROCKY beach to the snorkeling area. It was amazing! We then had a wacky roller tour through Titou Gorge and they stopped to show us the hot springs that were just natural puddles vs the pools they have now.

Dominica is our favorite island, it is so beautiful. If you go, you must try the fresh fruit, best we have ever had. I think my 11 year old turned into a monkey he ate so many bananas lol Anyway, there are many options of things to do. They have black sand beaches so it isn't the best option for a beach day but the rain forest there is a true rainforest unlike any we have seen elsewhere...so super lush and beautiful!

While Dominica has changed a lot in the last 11 years since our first trip there, it is still not very built up and commercialized...I love that about it!