Will I be bumped

3 months ago I booked 2 cabins, balcony for DH an I, inside right across for our 4 grandkids. All wanted to go, already 2 cannot go. The other 2 cannot wait to go. Now since it is a cabin for 4 and only 2 will be going I was wondering if they will move the cabin. Not new to crusing, but never had this happen before. Am thinking I should change now. This is on the Freedom for January. Have done nothing so far. Thanks

Our son was booked by himself in an inside cabin for two directly across from us. I don't think you will have a problem keeping the cabin with two, since you didn't book guaranteed for a category, but booked specific cabins.

At the time that you cancel the other 2 in the quad cabin they should tell you if that will be a problem. I did this once and they told me right then that they could not allow 2 in a quad cabin and that I would have to change cabins. Other times I have had no problems with 2 in a quad cabin. It depends on the ship and time of year as to whether or not they will allow 2 in a quad.

If you're past the refund point, then no..they won't move you since you're still paying for everyone. If you do get a refund for the 2 who are canceling, it's unlikely they will move you....but not impossible.

Final payment is only due in October.

At the time that you cancel the other 2 in the quad cabin they should tell you if that will be a problem. I did this once and they told me right then that they could not allow 2 in a quad cabin and that I would have to change cabins. Other times I have had no problems with 2 in a quad cabin. It depends on the ship and time of year as to whether or not they will allow 2 in a quad.

Thanks, those were my thoughts.

Thanks, those were my thoughts.

You could try doing a mock booking now and see if it will let you book a quad cabin with 2 people.

Another route that you could try is I believe that for 3'rd and 4'th guests that you can cancel without any penalty up until 15 days prior to the cruise (call to confirm). You could wait until then to cancel and it is unlikely that they would make you change cabins that close to sailing.