Expected weather NCL Star Miami to Azores to Dover April-May?

gtaylor

Anyone have an idea about what the weather/temperature might be along the route of the Star's Transatlantic to Dover from Miami later this month?

Current temps in Ponta Delgada, Azores, the only port call, are just making low 60's and I had expected warmer.

I have no idea what to expect across the Atlantic.

Any help greatly appreciated.

gary

I'm also on the TA (from Miami to Copenhagen), and I've been keeping an eye on the weather forecast.

I did just check the Accuweather for Lisbon witch is in a fairly strait line for Ponta Delgada, and it says that the weather for May 4, is around 16 degrees C ans sunny, and in Miami it's supposed to be 32 degrees C and clouded. So between those two, I assume that we can expect temperatures falling from around 32 C to around 16-20 C.

We did that trip last April-May and the weather was surprisingly nice and somewhat sunny. I recall that the weather in the Azores was rainy but not downpours. The weather in Dover and Copenhagen was SUNNY and near 70. Fabulous! I regretted not having a balcony on that cruise.

I did the same cruise (route) 8 years ago, in April 2007 - from Miami to Southampton including a stop in the Azores (we were originally supposed to have an overnight stay in Bermuda, but because of bad weather in Bermuda the port was skipped and we made an unscheduled stop in the Azores instead), and I was pleasantly surprised about the nice, warm weather we had when crossing the Atlantic. My only regret was that our cabin was on the port side, so our cabin balcony was in shadow most of the cruise (when I booked the cruise, I never thought about the ship going in one direction the entire cruise.... Well, lesson learned the "hard" way" :p ). Our friends had their balcony cabin on the starboard side, and had plenty of sunshine on their balcony.

Maybe you will find this link to the cruise weather for the Star transatlantic cruise helpful, all though it only shows the weather in the ports where the ship will make a stop. It doesn't show the weather while crossing the Atlantic Ocean, but it might be some help for you to have the weather in all ports available in one place. The weather forecast is for 7 days, with today being the first day, so as you get closer to the actual sailing date you will see that both the weather and the temperatures will probably get a little better (warmer).

http://cruiseoutlook.com/report/norwegian_star_14_nights_2015-04-27