Need transportation from FLL to Intercontinental.

cmcsharon

Some in my group are flying in to FLL, arriving at 5:20pm on a Friday and need to get to the Intercontinental in downtown Miami to meet up with the rest of us. They're haven't had success finding shuttles for this. Anyone have recommendations for a shuttle service? Or, would a taxi be their best bet? And, what would you estimate the taxi charge to be around that time...over $100...will the traffic be bad during commute time?

Thanks.

How many travelling together? :confused:

The later in the day you arrive, the fewer shuttle options to Miami you will find. Go Airport, based inside FLL, is always available and will provide an on-line quote. The drive takes 45-60 minutes.

A taxi, on the meter, will be about $75-80+ -- not bad if you split it among 4+ passengers (van taxis are the same fare as standard cabs :cool:). Go Airport was offering private town car service for about $90 if you prefer to arrive in style.

I know SAS goes from FLL hotels to POM. But I thought they did shuttles between airports too. You should at least check them out.

http://www.ridesas.com/

SAS will transport to downtown Miami hotels from FLL (not to the MIA airport and hotels in that area), but OP is landing at 5:20, which means collecting bags and likely not ready to go until 5:45 or later. My experience is that fewer shuttles are willing to go from FLL to Miami later in the day. :(

That said, if there are 6-8+ and could fill a van I suspect lots of companies would jump at more business. If there are only 3-4 then I suspect a cab may be a better option.

We've used Go Airport Shuttle for their private car service the last couple of years from FLL to the IC and they've been great. It's generally been about $85-90 and that includes tip.

Do you have to book a reservation with them (Go Airport Shuttle) prior to your arrival or are they something that you get off the plane and are available at all times with no reservation. Thanks!

Do you have to book a reservation with them (Go Airport Shuttle) prior to your arrival or are they something that you get off the plane and are available at all times with no reservation. Thanks!

That's a good question and I can't answer that definitively. We've always reserved ahead of time and I can't remember if there is a POS terminal at the check-in outside the terminal. I want to say yes....

They are based at FLL and I am sure would be happy for walk-up business, but why would you not want to make reservations? :confused:

They are based at FLL and I am sure would be happy for walk-up business, but why would you not want to make reservations? :confused:

That's why I asked so I could see if there was an option. None of the answers really specified. I would definitely reserve if that's the case.

Last February we used the "Go Airport" shuttle service to go from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to our hotel in Miami. We had reservations and, even though our flight was about twenty minutes early, our driver was waiting in the baggage claim area holding a sign with our names. We were very pleased.