Difference between Concierge class and Aqua Class on Reflection

PCWalton1

S-class ship, or M-class ship. What is XC? And what is XA?

We have sailed Celebrity since 1994 and don't understand what this means.

Hi,

Concierge Class Stateroom Guarantee XC

AquaClasssmallsupreg/sup/small Stateroom Guarantee XA

Is it worth paying about $100 total to upgrade?

If the question is is XA worth $100 more than XC per person the answer is it depends.

There are great and not so great rooms in both categories. By choosing a guarantee you are leaving it up to the cruise line to pick where. Luck of the draw. Both concierge and aqua get the same amount of Captain's Club points over verandahs. So they are even in those regards.

With Concierge you get little touches like footstools on the balcony and an upgraded room service menu.

The touted perks in Aqua are bottled water in your room, access to the Persian Gardens which is a relaxation area in the spa (and normally an extra charge), and assigned dining in Blu. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner it is supposed to be more spa/healthy cuisine. People seem to like it for the service.

Only you can decide if the perks are worth it to you. We've considered Aqua a few times and after looking over the menus have decided that the main draw is not worth it for us. We'd rather have a less expensive room and do the occasional speciality dining and upgrade our beverage packages with the money.

Good luck deciding.

Edited by notsomadhatter

For us we would upgrade for $100 each just for the use of the relaxation area as that's what they charge for it as an extra... And we like to use it most days! [emoji1] so the other perks are a bonus!

Ok, sorry I'm slow, but now I see:)

The actual cabin will be same size and layout, a couple of things diff, but not worth a lot to us either.

As other's mentioned, dinning in Blu and included access to the Persian Garden are the main things that add value for us. You have to decide if it does for you.

For us we would upgrade for $100 each just for the use of the relaxation area as that's what they charge for it as an extra... And we like to use it most days! [emoji1] so the other perks are a bonus!

Just to clarify, the relaxation room is free, the Persian Gardens cost extra if not in AQ. Two separate areas.

Edited by dkjretired

Just to clarify, the relaxation room is free, the Persian Gardens cost extra if not in AQ. Two separate areas.

I've always been lead to believe the Persian garden & relaxation room area come together... Both being included in Aqua as a perk and other then that the only people that could use it would be guests using the spa...

The cost to upgrade is $50pp for the entire 10 day cruise. To me $100 seems like a good deal for access to Blu, Persian Gardens, hopefully better cabin location and bottled water. After reviewing the deck plans I can to the conclusion that the Aqua class balcony rooms are in better locations than concierge.

I've always been lead to believe the Persian garden & relaxation room area come together... Both being included in Aqua as a perk and other then that the only people that could use it would be guests using the spa...

The relaxation room is a room in the spa area that has lounges and looks out over the ocean to the front of the ship. It is supposed to be for AQ passengers and as a waiting room for those who have spa appointments. On my AQ cruises they did not enforce the AQ passengers only, pretty much anyone could walk in there. The Persian Gardens is sort of around the corner and you need to be carded into that room, it is the room with the heated, tiled lounges. They are both nice relaxing areas, I just didn't want people to get confused since Celebrity actually named one of the rooms as the Relaxation room. Also, the Relaxation room is only on the S class ships.

The cost to upgrade is $50pp for the entire 10 day cruise. To me $100 seems like a good deal for access to Blu, Persian Gardens, hopefully better cabin location and bottled water. After reviewing the deck plans I can to the conclusion that the Aqua class balcony rooms are in better locations than concierge.

We really liked our C2 deck 9 on the angle of the hump the best out of all the cabins locations we have had, especially the larger balcony!

We are up on deck 11 this yr in an A2 with the smaller balcony.

The relaxation room is a room in the spa area that has lounges and looks out over the ocean to the front of the ship. It is supposed to be for AQ passengers and as a waiting room for those who have spa appointments. On my AQ cruises they did not enforce the AQ passengers only, pretty much anyone could walk in there. The Persian Gardens is sort of around the corner and you need to be carded into that room, it is the room with the heated, tiled lounges. They are both nice relaxing areas, I just didn't want people to get confused since Celebrity actually named one of the rooms as the Relaxation room. Also, the Relaxation room is only on the S class ships.

So it is not free it's just some people choose not to pay... Or sometimes celebrity are guilty of not enforcing it!

It's still a perk of Aqua class whether it's enforced or not, I guess we have always been lucky as it's always seemed to be Aqua & spa guests only when we've used it..

So I went ahead and upgraded our sailing to Aqua. The main reason was to eat at Blu as we like to maintain a healthy(ish) diet even while vacationing. The free entrance to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room ($50ish value for the entire trip), bottles of water and tea each morning (we do not have any beverage packages) and hopefully a better cabin. I originally booked a Guarantee Concierge over a Guarantee Veranda as I was worried we would get stuck with an obstructed view cabin. My travel agent recommended booking Guaranteed Concierge to significantly reduce the chances of an obstructed view. The price was $300pp for Guaranteed Concierge versus Guaranteed Veranda. I am new to cruising so I hope the extra $600 was worth it.

If one wanted to pay for it - how much is it ?

I believe a day pass for the Persian gardens/relaxation room is around $20 a day or you can buy a weeks pass for around $100... And I guess for a 2 week cruise double the weekly charge!

If interested I'd head straight to the spa to enquire as I think they only have a restricted amount of passes to sell...

As I said I think the above is correct but if not I'm sure it won't be long before someone comes along to correct me!! [emoji38]

So I went ahead and upgraded our sailing to Aqua. The main reason was to eat at Blu as we like to maintain a healthy(ish) diet even while vacationing. The free entrance to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room ($50ish value for the entire trip), bottles of water and tea each morning (we do not have any beverage packages) and hopefully a better cabin. I originally booked a Guarantee Concierge over a Guarantee Veranda as I was worried we would get stuck with an obstructed view cabin. My travel agent recommended booking Guaranteed Concierge to significantly reduce the chances of an obstructed view. The price was $300pp for Guaranteed Concierge versus Guaranteed Veranda. I am new to cruising so I hope the extra $600 was worth it.

Only you will be able to answer that if you have cruised with celebrity before in a standard balcony & dined in the mdr...

Personally I would say $300 pp would be the most we would pay extra for Aqua but we enjoy both Blu & the mdr along with the speciality restaurants... But if the healthier option is your preferred choice then Blu is great... We do also find the service in Blu to be a little better and a little more personnel & a calmer experience all round... It feels a bit like another speciality restaurant [emoji4]

There are a couple more things we like about Aqua Vs other cabins like the enhanced shower & toiletries... Some people like them some don't so as I said in the beginning only you can tell if it's worth it for you...

If after you feel it wasn't worth it at least your know in the future what it is worth! [emoji4]

Hope you have a great cruise and do come back and post your opinion on Aqua!

So it is not free it's just some people choose not to pay... Or sometimes celebrity are guilty of not enforcing it!

It's still a perk of Aqua class whether it's enforced or not, I guess we have always been lucky as it's always seemed to be Aqua & spa guests only when we've used it..

Relaxation room is free, Persian gardens is not. They are separate rooms on different floors.

Edited by dkjretired

I upgraded this morning from XC (Concierge Guaranteed) to XA (Aqua Guaranteed). At the time of the upgrade I had not been assigned a cabin. i checked mycelebrity and we were assigned Cabin 1602 on the Penthouse Deck. The cruisecritic.com deck plan list this as an A1 category. So far I am pleased.

Edited by CDPKcruisecritic

I believe a day pass for the Persian gardens/relaxation room is around $20 a day or you can buy a weeks pass for around $100... And I guess for a 2 week cruise double the weekly charge!

[emoji38]

Hi, I am interested in the Relaxation room only ( I know about the Persian gardens) - so is there a charge for it, or is it foe Aqua guests only ?

Hi, looks that there are two different answers to the question about the Relaxation room ........ are they both correct ? or is one not correct ?

Relaxation room is free, Persian gardens is not. They are separate rooms on different floors.

Hi, I am interested in the Relaxation room only ( I know about the Persian gardens) - so is there a charge for it, or is it foe Aqua guests only ?

Hi, looks that there are two different answers to the question about the Relaxation room ........ are they both correct ? or is one not correct ?

I have done a number of AQ cruises and the Relaxation room is without a question free. On one cruise our room was right next to it. As I stated in an earlier post it is for AQ guests and those awaiting Spa Appointments but on my cruises they did not enforce the AQ only.

I would also point out that the Relaxation room is not something I would book a cruise over or get excited about. It is simply a room with nice couches looking out to the Ocean at the front of the ship. Nice place to sit and read. They do have some teas in there, to me its not a big deal.

As I stated Persian Gardens is totally different with heated tiled lounges that look out at the side of the ship. I have been there several times when in AQ. Persian GArdens is on all the ships, Relaxation room on only S class ships.

Edited by dkjretired

Just an FYI....the relaxation room is supposed to be a quiet area.....

hence the term "relaxation".....sometimes you may find folks who

are chatterboxes in there......I have had to ask politely for them to

tone it down....they seemed to think I was the one who was wrong:rolleyes:

As I understand it, there is no difference between Concierge and Aqua class in terms of size of cabin, other than the benefits attached to being Aqua class.

That said, as a first time 'poster', does anyone know if the above cabin (2104) has an overhang ? ....... As we are on an Eastern Med cruise on Reflection in September in this cabin, any feedback greatly appreciated :)