disembarcation prior to final port of call

Cruizann

I believe it is possible to disembark the cruise ship prior to the final port of call of the ship. Is this the case? I also wondered if it is possible to embark the ship after the initial port where the cruise starts? Due to trying to help a family member, my DH and I are limited in the length of our time away. Thank you.

It is usually possible unless it would mean embarking at one US port and disembarking at another; then it would require that you visit a port outside North America. What itinerary are you considering?

Edited by catl331

It is often the case that you can embark and disembark at most any port but that said - rules are getting more strict each day. It really depends on the ports involved so if you post those, CC'ers may be able to offer more information. HAL will probably choose not to prorate the fare for the days you are actually on ship so you may have to pay for days not sailed. Segments of longer cruises work well if they can be accommodated with you and your group's travel plans.

Not a problem. We did a transatlantic from Southhampton to Miami last fall on Celebrity and disembarced in Port Canaveral one day early as we live nearby in central Florida. About 500 out of 2,000 guests did the same. We received written athorization to do that at time of booking. No break on the fare, however. This was not a problem.