What will you be using your OBC for?

Solararc

Wow, I didn't think people would stay in a spa cabin with kids. Might be something to look at in the future if our budget allows. Were the toiletries in the spa cabin nicer than in the regular cabins?

In the bathroom there was the regular toiletries, but one day on the bed was a heart towel arrangement, a wide assortment of hotel size Elemis products all covered in a sprinkling of fresh rose petals. I thought it was a very nice touch. (I was really liked the eye cream :)).

Rochelle

I had a spa balcony on the Getaway and went to the spa twice. It was way too busy for me and with that many people it was LOUD! I normally go every day, sometimes more than once per, but on the Getaway I would walk by beforehand, see how crowded it was and just pass on the idea. It was very disappointing.

I can understand couples wanting to be together but I much prefer the set up on the smaller ships with the common area just being the pool and loungers and then a quieter area for sauna, steam, hot tub and plunge pool being separate. Always seems to be that much quieter and relaxing.

Rochelle

The statement about the busy spa is a bit disconcerting. I have a large balcony in June on GW and a spa balcony on Escape at Christmas. I was hoping that the spa might be a getaway (pun intended) from the large crowds that have to be somewhere on the ship.

On a past cruise, early December travel- we met a couple that had $900 of OBC. They had to use it by the end of the year. So they booked the cruise only to do their Christmas shopping for their families. :) (rather than let it go to waste)

We will most likely be using our $300 OBC on pictures and crap our kids want in the gift shop. We like to buy the mini replica of the ship, so I know that will be on the bill. I did learn my lesson with getting a acrylic nails. On our Jewel cruise I waited until we got on the ship and it was $100 for regular old acrylic nails. I pay $20 at my local nail salon. Won't make that mistake again.

We will most likely be using our $300 OBC on pictures and crap our kids want in the gift shop. We like to buy the mini replica of the ship, so I know that will be on the bill. I did learn my lesson with getting a acrylic nails. On our Jewel cruise I waited until we got on the ship and it was $100 for regular old acrylic nails. I pay $20 at my local nail salon. Won't make that mistake again.

I've noticed when I'm on a cruise or at a nice hotel that has a salon, manicures and pedicures are very pricy. $100 is ridiculous for acrylic nails. I always get a gel color manicure the day before vacation and it stays the whole time, even on our 2-3 week trips to Florida.

How does the obc work? I have never had it on the 3 past cruises I have been on. I will owe gratuity charges for 3 people- 7 nights when we get on so do I have to tell them to apply the OBC to that charge or will they automatically do that?

How does the obc work? I have never had it on the 3 past cruises I have been on. I will owe gratuity charges for 3 people- 7 nights when we get on so do I have to tell them to apply the OBC to that charge or will they automatically do that?

OBC received as an NCL promo can be used on anything except the Daily Service Charges (standard gratuities) If you have prepurchased OBC thru the site or received extra from a TA, that may be used to pay DSC, just check to make sure it is "refundable OBC". If you only have OBC thru the Freestyle Choice or another NCL promo, sorry, but they will not credit it toward your DSC.

BA - late last month - Clamshell was still going for $29 @ GSC, walk-up price same as prepaid via online ShoreEx so OBC indirectly took care of it. We stayed over the Lagoon on the east end (via free tram) and there're plenty available for rental - another reason to head there to simply relax & to be discrete

Darn it! Lost my $300.00 OBC on my upcoming cruise today. Upside, I saved over $2000.00 by rebooking our Suite and dropping the All-In Package. :) I'll buy a couple of cases of water and pack my own damn strawberries with the savings.

Nice saving!! Well done

*Living Large*

Thanks! Couldn't pass it up. Even after re-adding the UBP for 3 and 4, gratuities for 3 and 4 and setting aside for shore excursions, we're still $2000.00 ahead. Crazy!

Edited by GrabMyWrist

The statement about the busy spa is a bit disconcerting. I have a large balcony in June on GW and a spa balcony on Escape at Christmas. I was hoping that the spa might be a getaway (pun intended) from the large crowds that have to be somewhere on the ship.

I always get a spa pass when it is available on the ship. It could have been just the passengers on that particular trip or it might have been the spa set-up on the larger ship(only one I have done on that size. ut I can say that every other time I have been in the spa on a ship it has been a wonderful relaxing experience. Maybe we can just chock my experience on the Getaway as a one-off. I would never use just one experience do define my choice to book again.

Rochelle