Getaway Must Do's

sadiecat

I will also be on board Saturday . I gave sailed on getaway before and you have to check out mondero for dinner one night the good is excellent. Also the water slides are a blast. But if you get a chance check out spice h20 to relax and enjoy the trip

We finally leave this Saturday on a long anticipated trip on the Getaway. What are some of the must do's. I don't want to miss anything important or exciting.

we're on the same cruise as you! what're you doing in tortola?

I will also be on board Saturday ��������. I gave sailed on getaway before and you have to check out mondero for dinner one night the good is excellent. Also the water slides are a blast. But if you get a chance check out spice h20 to relax and enjoy the trip

we'll be on the boat with you! have you booked an excursion in tortola yet?

We finally leave this Saturday on a long anticipated trip on the Getaway. What are some of the must do's. I don't want to miss anything important or exciting.

Do not miss Cagneys!! Try not to eat the day you go and book an early dinner - you will not be sorry. It was the best meal I've ever had in my life. If you're going to do it - do the ropes course your first opportunity. (you can always do it again later too) Depending on weather and/or crowds - you might not be able to do it when you finally "get around to it."

The way they do the pictures is awesome, every time a photographer snaps your picture - they ask you for your room number to make sure the picture goes in the right binder. The exception to this are the plank and zip lining pictures. Unless you want to be searching through thousands of pictures - make sure to remember roughly the day and time you do this - so you can easily scroll back by date stamp and find your pictures.

As someone else mentioned - the illusionarium is a must do....I didn't do the ice bar - but I've since regretted it. I'm going on this cruise again May 30 - and will DEFINITELY do it this time around.

The behind the scenes tour - while pricey (80 pp) is worth it. Very, very interesting. You start out back stage at the illusionarium. They take you through the galley - teach you how the food is prepared, down through the crew areas, into the laundry area (you'd be surprised but this part was FASCINATING), and the environmental area, and finally the bridge. We got to see the control panel where they steer the ship - and the captain talked to us for quite a bit. Included in the price is a nice leather 2 picture frame/holder thingy with an 8x10 picture of you in a chefs hat that they take in the Galley.

There are two entrances to the buffet - one at the front (next to where the pool deck kind of spits you out), and one in the dead center of the buffet (elevators run right up to this corridor). It is a way better option than fighting the crowds at the front in the morning time.

We had the UBP - and while I'm not much of a drinker usually (a few beers when I do drink) - I was on vacation with no where to drive, and free booze at my disposal. The Dirty Banana was my favorite (don't ask me what's in it).

We did not get vibe passes - If Vibe had a pool - I probably would have - however - there is no shortages of places to sit and sun in regular ol steerage - so it wasn't an issue for us.

Buy any pictures you want the either early on Friday (before the crowds start - and it WILL get crowded the last evening) or brave the crowds and buy them Friday night. You get charged Florida tax if you wait till the AM (don't think any of the other shops are open the day of disembarkation).

Somewhere on deck 6 or 7 - towards the back of the ship is a "model ship" of the Getaway - very neat!! Be sure to check it out.

Most of the organized shows and events are held in the atrium - the best seats to see - is sitting at the horseshoe shaped wrap around bar at O'Sheehans. However, this is very common knowledge and so the seats fill up fast - so get there early. Wear pants or a long dress - otherwise the people below will get to see 2 shows!

Hope you have a GREAT time!! Any other questions, just ask! :D

I have to agree with most people here. Definitely go to Cagney's for dinner, and Burn the Floor. If you like Burn the Floor have dinner one night at the Tropicanna main dining room when they are performing. I also liked Legally Blonde, and the piano bar. I loved to relax on the waterfront in the mornngs and just read a book. I'm going again in January, and this time I want to play "Let's Make A Deal".

I have to agree with most people here. Definitely go to Cagney's for dinner, and Burn the Floor. If you like Burn the Floor have dinner one night at the Tropicanna main dining room when they are performing. I also liked Legally Blonde, and the piano bar. I loved to relax on the waterfront in the mornngs and just read a book. I'm going again in January, and this time I want to play "Let's Make A Deal".

How do you get selected to play "Let's Make A Deal"???

We have not made any tour plans. Will do that when we are onboard.

The only reason I ask is because I am interested in doing a catamaran tour but it needs 2 more people in order to run (6 people total - so pretty much a private excursion lol). Google Kuralu Daysail - that's the company. So far it's my husband and I, and two other people from our ship.

Lunch and alcoholic/non alcoholic drinks are INCLUDED. $110pp. I have emailed with the owner a few times now and he only needs a minimum of 6 people to set sail. That's pretty cool - only 6 people on a huge catamaran.

Part of his email: "Thanks for contacting us and if we can get a few more from the ship, we could do something like 9am to 2:30pm. This would get you back to the ship by 3pm. We are located in West End which is about 20mins from the Cruise ship dock. A taxi is $9 per person each way, I arrange this for you.We could take you to the Jost Van Dyke area, cost is $110pp and includes lunch and drinks"

If you're interested, just let me know :)

How do you get selected to play "Let's Make A Deal"???

if i remember correctly, it has to do with your game card number.. it's all just random so good luck! we've never gotten chosen.. and one time we just sat in and watched and didn't buy in because it is entertaining to watch :p

if i remember correctly, it has to do with your game card number.. it's all just random so good luck! we've never gotten chosen.. and one time we just sat in and watched and didn't buy in because it is entertaining to watch :p

Thanks for the info! Hopefully I'll get that special game card : )

• 1 month later...