Do you take more than 1 camera?

pls5286

I usually will bring both my M43 camera (Pana G6) with my 14-140 lens and my Canon G7x. Looking to get a Sony A6000, but the lack of prime lenses has me rethinking that purchase.

What prime are you missing? Between Sony, Zeiss, Sigma, Rokinon and a huge list of adaptable lenses, I can't think of any prime onder 135mm that is missing.

I personally own 50mm f/1.8, 30mm f/2.8, 19mm f/2.8, 12mm f/2.0 and 8mmf/2.8 (fisheye) primes along with a Sweet 35 Lensbaby composer. I have never has a problem finding quality lenses for my NEX/Alpha cameras.

Dave

On our upcoming cruise I'm taking

Nikon D5300 DSLR with a few lenses

Sony DSC-RX100 (good quality, easy to carry P/S)

GoPro HERO4 Black

GoPro HERO4 Silver

Two GoPros because my wife enjoys using them as well. GoPros mounted on gimbals to improve the steadiness.

It's a lot to haul around, especially with all the "accessories" for the GoPros. LOL I'm thinking of taking a second, smaller camera bag for using on the ship (won't shoot much with the DSLR there). Maybe not though - I tend to get the shakes when I'm more than 5 feet from my main camera. :o

I usually take a couple of Sony's for general shooting (A6000 & A7S) and a little Panasonic GM5 for food pics. I leave my DSLR behind - Too heavy to lug around while trying to enjoy vacation.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by sabesh

I completely love my 2 Olympus Tough point and shoot cameras. I have the 620 and then got the upgraded 830 after that. I think they take such awesome pictures that I actually stopped taking my DSLR camera a few years ago. :) It's so much easier than carrying around all of my equipment and I don't have to worry about someone stealing it since I always have it on me whether I'm on land, on the ship or in the water. :D

I often take only my DLSR & iPhone6+, but on an upcoming Baltic cruise, I will also bring a back-up DLSR as well. In Europe, I usually think that because we have traveled there multiple times and have LOTS of photos, it would not be cataclysmic if something happened to my camera...could buy a replacement, or simply use the iPhone.

Now on the upcoming Baltic deal, I will take a backup DLSR for sake of peace of mind..... and several lenses.

I take my Pentax Kr DSLR, GoPro Hero2, an Olympus P&S and my Galaxy 5s. My wife has a 2 P&S... a 6MP Kodak & a 16 MP Olympus plus her phone. I had my eyes on a 2nd DSLR (Pentax K50) but the wife said "no"... she wouldn't buy the argument of not needing to swap lenses for different shots. :(

After our last trip to Hawaii, I had more than 3200 pics to sort through :eek:

Edited by azappraiser

...I had my eyes on a 2nd DSLR (Pentax K50) but the wife said "no"... she wouldn't buy the argument of not needing to swap lenses for different shots...

Tell her that first of all the K-50 is a significant upgrade from the Kr (my wife has the Kr and I would love to get her to change to the K-50 so I could use it as my backup!) Secondly, the business about not swapping lenses is absolutely right on.

Stan

Pentax K-3, 645Z, WG-3

• 3 weeks later...
Tell her that first of all the K-50 is a significant upgrade from the Kr (my wife has the Kr and I would love to get her to change to the K-50 so I could use it as my backup!) Secondly, the business about not swapping lenses is absolutely right on.

Stan

Pentax K-3, 645Z, WG-3

YIPPEE!!! I finally convinced DW to let me get the K-50 before we return to Hawaii. :D I'm also able to "trade-in" a couple of my 35mm film cameras & lenses to reduce my out-of-pocket expense. I found a super deal for the body and WR 18-135mm Zoom lens. That should be a great combo next to my Kr & 28-80mm Zoom w/Macro. I also carry the 18-55mm AF kit lens, a 75-300mm AF Zoom & a Manual Focus 35-200mm Zoom w/Macro... everything fits perfectly in my Tamrac Pro 8 bag.

Edited by azappraiser

YIPPEE!!! I finally convinced DW to let me get the K-50 before we return to Hawaii. :D I'm also able to "trade-in" a couple of my 35mm film cameras & lenses to reduce my out-of-pocket expense. I found a super deal for the body and WR 18-135mm Zoom lens. That should be a great combo next to my Kr & 28-80mm Zoom w/Macro. I also carry the 18-55mm AF kit lens, a 75-300mm AF Zoom & a Manual Focus 35-200mm Zoom w/Macro... everything fits perfectly in my Tamrac Pro 8 bag.

Looks like a versatile kit!

I think I would probably travel with just:

K-50 + DA 18-135

Kr + 75-300

Your other three lenses cover ranges already covered by these two.

But I don't really know these lenses and you may have a particular fondness for some in some conditions so YMMV. Enjoy!