Is Celebrity sending

rwethereyet

plus 2 ships from Greece. These are to be for Women with babies & the Elderly. So far no takers tho.

I feel it should be for the volunteers who are sleeping in their cars or in tents they brought from home with no showers, toilets, and eating what is dropped off for the folks they take care of

I have heard, due to no takers in Houston, the ships are headed to New Orleans and Biloxi to house people for the reconstruction.

That's mostly right Rick.... Ecstacy and Sensation are headed to New Orleans. Holiday is in Mobile as of now.

Word is that the Zenith may also be sent.

Anyone else hear same?

I have not heard anything about that. I suppose it is always a possibility, but nothing has been announced yet.

Carnival's ships that were sent, do not appear to be used much (so far), so maybe it will not be necessary. We will have to wait and see.

rwethereyet, Where in the world did you hear that tidbit?

Hi Andy!

I would like to know where this tidbit came from too. I would be surprised if there is anything to it.

While it probably cannot be ruled out.... I just dont think that Celebrity has enough ships/cabins to take Zenith out of service, especially as Horizon will be out of the fleet soon.

I can quicker see RCI sending an older ship or 2 from their fleet, or perhaps Celebrity can send Horizon and delay sending to Island Cruises for a few months. That would make a lot more sense... IMHO.

Oh, and hi back Patrioticgirl :) !

Everybody wants to get on the FEMA money train

and Celebrity is no different.

They are being paid more from FEMA than they could get

selling cabins for a regular cruise, AND

they are using no fuel and getting good P.R. for looking

like they care, when all they're after is a piece of the pie

that Carnival beat the rest of the industry to.

Everybody wants to get on the FEMA money train

and Celebrity is no different.

They are being paid more from FEMA than they could get

selling cabins for a regular cruise, AND

they are using no fuel and getting good P.R. for looking

like they care, when all they're after is a piece of the pie

that Carnival beat the rest of the industry to.

and just how do you know that "celebrity is no different" ???

boy, talk about being a cynic!:rolleyes:

Phil

We were onboard the Zenith lastweek when the rumor started.It's a goodrumor and itcame from a very good source.......It could happen on Sept 24 but they have the ship chartered for the Oct 2 sailing (ship full of New Jersey Police)....And yes,$60 million for 2 Celebrity ships for 6 months is better then sailing the ship to Bermuda with 900 people on board.....The only losers out of all of this is the workers on the ship.....They will send more then half of the crew home early,and they lose there pay for however many months were left on their contract....if the ship goes to NO or galveston....So i guess the moral of the story is,if the USA is ready to spend $52 billion,who cares about people from third world nations who are gone from their families for 6-7 months if they go home broke......just my opinion..........

Sounds like that little "tidbit" had some credence.

But I doubt it will happen, as the victims of Katrina are very

reluctant to stay on the water (can't blame them).

"Sources" in the industry said that Celebrity was seeking

an opportunity to get in on the FEMA $$$ while trying

to get some good public relations for helping out.

(can't say I blame them for that either). :)

I think they would have to balance out the "good PR" they would get with all the ill will they will create in all the passengers they would have to cancel who have booked cruises. Not to mention the hardship it would cause the crew and staff of the ship and the wear and tear the ship would endure. It would have to be A LOT of money to compensate for all that. JMHO.

Archived