QV booking problem, Cunard won't speak to me

shipmannj

Hi All,

Since October 2014 friends and I have been booked on QV this coming July from Trieste to Istanbul. We also booked the Cunard post cruise extension in Istanbul. Final payment has been made for everything.

From the day of the booking, the extension has been clearly listed and detailed in the voyage personalizer. This morning, I went to check on a shore excursion and to my surprise, the extension was gone from our itinerary.

Not sure what had happened, I immediately called Cunard and spoke to customer service. There was no record on my account, as well as my friends booking, of the extension. The representative had no idea how this happened.

What concerns me is that she refused to speak to me, or give me any further information. She insisted that my travel agent must call on Monday, she is the only one to whom they will give information.

Has this happened to anyone else, and why will they give me no information? It is my vacation and my money involved, I am very uneasy until Monday.

Thanks,

Armand

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your problem. As you made your booking through a TA, Cunard's standard line is that you must address any queries through your TA as it is with them that you have the contract.

Having said that, I have on more than one occasion been able to get assistance from Cunard directly even though booked through a TA. It may well be worth another call, but when going through the telephone menu, select booked direct with Cunard. If you get someone who does everything by the rule book, you will have to try again, but hopefully you will get someone who is prepared to be a bit more flexible!

Having said all of this, if it is due to an error by your TA, then Cunard will not be able to assist or even comment.

Best of luck.

Phileas

Intrigued that it was listed in the Voyage Personaliser and has subsequently disappeared....

Do you have any Cunard generated paperwork which lists your inventory?

re. comms with Cunard - I guess that this makes sense for continuity of communication. When I booked (direct) with Cunard a couple of years ago we amended our booking to add my dad as a 3rd passenger in our cabin. A specific comment along the lines of "Father can speak" was added to the booking with my agreement. This meant that he could contact Cunard himself to arrange a different return flight - rather than have me do it (I was lead name on the booking).

Good luck in getting it sorted.

Edited by Toffeegirl68

Hello Shipmannj

Don't be too concerned that Cunard do not want to get involved, this is standard practice with most cruise companies If a booking was originally made through a TA.

If a cruise line gets involved with the problem (before your TA has had a chance to rectify things) the chances are, the blame is often shifted onto the Cruise line.

Leave your TA to sort everything out , after all they are paid a commission for working on your behalf.

Do come back to us and us let know how you got on :) (there is nothing more annoying on this site when folks ask for help or advice but fail to come back with the outcome)

:)

... Do come back to us and us let know how you got on
Hi Bell Boy,

I'm sure shipmannj will :)

(there is nothing more annoying on this site when folks ask for help or advice but fail to come back with the outcome)
Well said, thank you.

As I said, I'm certain the shipmannj will let us know that all turned out well in the end, and furthermore that this was just an administrative oversight by the TA.

Like you, I find it frustrating when people do not let us know the outcome of an issue that was concerning enough to raise (and often seek advice) here on a public forum... But clearly not serious enough to report back, so that we may all learn and pass on the answer or resolution to others with a similar problem in the future.

Thank you again, and good luck and happy sailings to shipmannj :)

Edited by pepperrn

Thank you all for your care, concern and advice. Once I hear something on Monday I will certainly let you know the outcome.

My TA is a rare gem who is known to double dot all I's and cross t's three times. I will be very surprised if this turns out to be her doing, especially since the information had been there for months. I suspect that a Cunard computer "burped" and we got lost in the process.

Hopefully by this time tomorrow all will be put right and I can stop worrying. Either that or I will be back here asking for good hotels and tour companies in Istanbul.

Well, supposedly all is fixed. According to my TA, Cunard admitted that they had a small computer issue that is now rectified. We will see.

I will give them a few days to return the information to the voyage personaliser, at which point I will finally believe them.

Thank you again for all your help and opinions.

Well, supposedly all is fixed. According to my TA, Cunard admitted that they had a small computer issue that is now rectified. We will see.

I will give them a few days to return the information to the voyage personaliser, at which point I will finally believe them. ...

Great! Thanks for sharing your good news. But do ask Cunard to email you an updated and correct copy of your complete booking. Nothing beats having an official hard copy with you to win arguments at the Purser's Desk. Bon voyage!