Did your 2-5 year old love Camp Carnival?

x98bjv

Can anyone tell me how it works if your child is still in diapers? We are potty training our 4 yr old and she has it most of the time, but there are a few instances with accidents. So when we are out and about, I normally put her in a pull-up. What is the protocol for dirty diapers, etc?

They will change diapers. You get a ship cell phone with the little ones, so if you prefer they can call you on it to come change her as well.

Edited by Freckle53

They will change diapers. You get a ship cell phone with the little ones, so if you prefer they can call you on it to come change her as well.

Awesome. When we sailed on NCL they couldn't stay in the kids camp without being potty trained. Our oldest was 4 at the time and pretty much, but did have accidents.

My daughter loved it @ 3 & 6. No hesitation at all, and I don't think she would have cared if we didn't have to pick her up at all. Our Son, @ 5, was hesitant to go at first, but once he spent a day there, he was already to go as well.

Our grand kids, twins both 3-1/2, were in Camp Carnival during our recent 8 day cruise on the Valor. The setup was very nice and lots of things to do. Very structured.

We really didn't have a lot of interaction with the staff, but mom and dad said there were a couple of staff members that could have had a better attitude. Of course, our grand daughter is still working through some listening issues, so mom and dad got called a couple of times to go up and talk to her.

I think they liked it, but they do fine in just about any environment.

My now 6 year old did Camp Carnival at age 2, 3, 4 and will do it this year. We didn't cruise last year. I thought it was great. At that age they give you a phone so they can reach you if there are any issues. I think he enjoyed it...never cried or complained when we would drop him off. At 4 there was a problem with a biter in the camp that of course my son didn't like. He was bitten once and didn't draw blood. After that I never saw the biter in camp again. Not sure if he was kicked out or parents just decided not to drop him off anymore. Make sure your little one is up to date on shots. Have fun

My 4 (5 in july) yr old has been on 3 cruises. His first was when he was 2. He hasnt been in Camp carnival for even one of them. He wont go to Camp Carnival. He hates daycare too though. My other 2 kids though LOVE camp carnival. My oldest son (14) and daughter (11) have been cruising since 2009 and live in camp carnival. Even though my youngest wont go to CC, we still have enjoyed our cruises with him immensely.

At 1 - on Pride: Not really an option. (no other kids in our party)

At 2 - on Magic: Not more than 20 min without the phone call (no other kids in our party)

At almost 3 on Fantasy: Not more than 20 min without phone call (another kid in her age group in our party)

at about 3 1/2 on Pride: maybe 30 min before the phone call for the first couple of days then she refused to go. (no other kids in our party)

At 4 1/2 on Pride: Couldn't get her out of CC and she refused to eat with us cause she wanted to eat with her friends. (like 20 kids under 12 on the whole boat and no other kids in OUR party - but lifelong friends made)

We'll try again on Fantasy in June and Next Nov on Magic - assume it will be the same.

Have traveled with grandsons since they were 5 and 2. They loved it. Now at ages 18 and 13 as you might guess the 13 still loves it. The camp that is as they are both addicts when it comes to crusing.

So now we have a granddaughter age 3 in 2 weeks and will be on Breeze with her in June. This will be her third cruise and we will be trying Camp Ocean. So looking forward to her experiencing the camp. So glad to see your 3 and 4 year old experiences.

My only request of all of them, including parents, is dinner together. The boys opted out of dessert to get to the camp and their new friends many times over the years.