Picture-A-Week-2015 - Week 18

pierces

Hi Terry, can I catch up with you again here or elsewhere better? Its been a while but I am keen to know if you got to South Africa and enjoyed it. In the meantime we have been to Australia on a road trip. Hope to 'speak' again soon if you get to see this :):D

Hi Terry, can I catch up with you again here or elsewhere better? Its been a while but I am keen to know if you got to South Africa and enjoyed it. In the meantime we have been to Australia on a road trip. Hope to 'speak' again soon if you get to see this :):D

YES!! Appreciate this nice follow-up from our UK friend. For earlier this year, the ebola worries and Kenya security questions caused us to modify our plans for Africa in early 2015. As noted below, we switched plans and did the Amazon River and Caribbean to achieve our taste of fun and adventure. Had great time and super warm/nice weather during this trip.

BUT, we are aiming for early January and February 2016 to do both South Africa and Botswana. Plus, a little sampling of Victoria Falls and Mozambique. Have our air flights booked on Frequent Flyer miles, etc.

Look forward to hooking up and sharing more with you. Just log on and post to either of the below postings so that I catch your message and can follow-up.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 107,181 views for this posting.

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 22,152 views for these postings.

Lots of interesting and varied pictures from this past week on this colorful and interesting photo thread. Here are some of my spring floral "eye candy" samples to share from America's Midwest.

Sure glad Spring is here and that we can enjoy these welcomed climate changes.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 176,940 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

It is spring time from our ravine area within the City of Columbus. The first two pictures reflect the "redbud" trees that are "out" right now and looking so good. Next are some different floral and/or tree samples that I snapped this afternoon while on the way to a garden store and some food shopping. Great, perfect weather here right now. Wonderful Sunday to sit on the screened porch, listen to the birds, etc.:

Spring2015A8%201_zpsfbtd4qkn.jpg

Spring2015A9%201_zpsrqojdwwa.jpg

Spring2015A12%201_zps3lfw2qed.jpg

Spring2015A13%201_zps8f5dvssj.jpg

Spring2015A10%201_zpsqoxyherp.jpg

Spring2015A11%201_zpsxuqkikja.jpg

Beautiful flowers.

A nighttime panorama of Frontierland/Adventureland with the trees light-painted for an event. After asking the foreground people to leave with Photoshop I added my own painterly effect with a mix of Topaz filters and Lightroom adjustments.

Painted Mickeyland

p1154160339-5.jpg

Dave

Made for interesting coloring.

A nighttime panorama of Frontierland/Adventureland with the trees light-painted for an event. After asking the foreground people to leave with Photoshop I added my own painterly effect

Dave

Nice! Should I ask how much time you spent on the photo?

Dave: with all the questions about posting - and I was going to ask you too! - hows about a step-by-step maybe for Photobucket and Shutterfly since they seem to be the most popular>

Thanks

Terry, I have hooked up on the end of your Caribbean and Amazon thread (I think and hope if I've done it correctly, not really 'with it' much at present). :eek:

Appreciate your follow-up and details on the Silversea page. Will provide responses on that location later this afternoon after I get caught up with a couple of other home projects. It's Mother's Day! Need to make my wife happy with a few issues.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 198,865 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474