Mr Sanchos AIO question

vmt514

We are considering the AIO at Mr Sanchos this summer when we dock in Cozumel. We will have our 32 and 22 year old sons with us, so an AIO is kind of a must. But I think they may also want to parasail or jet ski. I emailed and the stock email said the AIO doesn't include parasail. But can we "buy" a parasail ride or jet ski once we are there? Has anyone done this.

Thanks!

We are considering the AIO at Mr Sanchos this summer when we dock in Cozumel. We will have our 32 and 22 year old sons with us, so an AIO is kind of a must. But I think they may also want to parasail or jet ski. I emailed and the stock email said the AIO doesn't include parasail. But can we "buy" a parasail ride or jet ski once we are there? Has anyone done this.

Thanks!

Yes, we were just there a couple of weeks ago. We opted not to buy the all inclusive. Instead, we rented jet skis ($75 per jet ski for half hour). After that, they let us go to non AIC side of the resort and we went in the pool to cool off, then we went to the restaurant and had the very best chips and guacamole I've ever had and a few beers. After that, we both got a massage at the tables they have set up right near the pool. Everything about this place was excellent. It's less than 15 min from the terminal ($15 cab each way), it has bathrooms, showers, pools, chairs, umbrellas, tables, jet skis, ATV rentals, and horseback riding. They didn't charge us anything to get in and that gave us access to one pool, the restaurant, massage area, showers, bathrooms and beach chairs. The only benefit I saw to the AIC is that you have access to beach beds, two pools with swim up bars and all you can eat food and drinks. The non AIC side has a regular pool and beach chairs, but you'd pay extra for umbrella and there are no beach beds. We got lucky because there were only 2 ships in port so it was almost empty. If you plan to stay all day and lounge and eat and drink, then definitely do the AIC. If, like us, you just want to ride the jet ski and hang around a little while, then just pay as you go. I will definitely do this again next time I'm in Cozumel.

We also booked at Mr Sancho's in early June, and we are also traveling with adult sons, so the AI was our only real option--LOL! Glad to hear the food is good and you had an excellent time! And good to know what to expect as far as taxi fare! Thanks for posting.

Yes, we were just there a couple of weeks ago. We opted not to buy the all inclusive. Instead, we rented jet skis ($75 per jet ski for half hour). After that, they let us go to non AIC side of the resort and we went in the pool to cool off, then we went to the restaurant and had the very best chips and guacamole I've ever had and a few beers. After that, we both got a massage at the tables they have set up right near the pool. Everything about this place was excellent. It's less than 15 min from the terminal ($15 cab each way), it has bathrooms, showers, pools, chairs, umbrellas, tables, jet skis, ATV rentals, and horseback riding. They didn't charge us anything to get in and that gave us access to one pool, the restaurant, massage area, showers, bathrooms and beach chairs. The only benefit I saw to the AIC is that you have access to beach beds, two pools with swim up bars and all you can eat food and drinks. The non AIC side has a regular pool and beach chairs, but you'd pay extra for umbrella and there are no beach beds. We got lucky because there were only 2 ships in port so it was almost empty. If you plan to stay all day and lounge and eat and drink, then definitely do the AIC. If, like us, you just want to ride the jet ski and hang around a little while, then just pay as you go. I will definitely do this again next time I'm in Cozumel.
Could u tell me what the prices were for the massages at Mr. Sancho's? We're going there in a few weeks and I want to get a massage. Also, did you see the place where you could get fish pedicures? I heard the place is located somewhere at Mr. Sanchos. Thanks!

About $30 for 1/2 hour and $75 for an hour massage if my memory was not too fogged by multiple margaritas :o The fish pedicure place is also in the complex - I have no idea what they charge or why anyone would want to do that. :confused:

Was it $15 per person for the cab ride?

What is a fish pedicure?
There is a place located on the property of Mr. Sancho's where you can get a fish pedicure. I believe you put your feet in a tank full of little fish that nibble all the dead skin off of your feet. I've been reading about it and people who've had it done say it's great and that their feet feel very smooth after.

We also booked at Mr Sancho's in early June, and we are also traveling with adult sons, so the AI was our only real option--LOL! Glad to hear the food is good and you had an excellent time! And good to know what to expect as far as taxi fare! Thanks for posting.

I totally understand your wanting the AI - same for us. We are going late June, so post when you get back and let me know how it was and if you did the fish pedicure?

;)

Was it $15 per person for the cab ride?

One nice thing in Cozumel is the taxi prices are posted when you get off the ship. If I remember from last summer, the prices are generally up to 4 people. But the price that's posted is what you will pay each way, they don't rip off the cruisers and up the price on the way back.

I totally understand your wanting the AI - same for us. We are going late June, so post when you get back and let me know how it was and if you did the fish pedicure?

;)

Uh...that fish pedi will be a "NO."

No, it's $15 per cab each way, so $30 round trip.

Depending slightly upon which pier you are at (there are 3 cruise ship piers on Coz) the posted fare for up to 4 passengers in a cab each way would be $16-17+tip each way. Cab drivers never seem to have small bills - for good service I would just count on handing over a $20 an a "gracias" each way.

Did you see a 3rd pool at Mr Sanchos? I keep hearing they added a 3rd pool, but haven't seen any pics. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We just went to Mr sanchos last week. We loved it! Very beautiful! The food, drinks, and service were all great! Taxi ride was $17 and I can't remember if we paid for the ride back. Like I said, their drinks were good! The taxi is priced $17 for 4 people, so if you only have 2 in your group, get with someone else headed out to mr sanchos and split the cost. They charge the same for 2 people as for 4.

We were there last week. This was probably our 10th or so time to Cozumel. Let me tell you this place is FANTASTIC! We did the all inclusive side. Upon arrival we were comp'd a cabana bed on the beach for us to use for the day! Loved that and the guys took turns taking naps and getting out of the hot sun. There are two pools on AI side. They are nearly identical to eachother. The tent with the buffet food is set up inbetween the two pools. Both have swim up bars! The pool on the pay as you go side is tiny. We ate at the buffet early in the day for a mid morning snack. The buffet had nachos w/cheese and/or chili, fish, chicken fajitas, chicken wings, rice, fresh fruit, roasted potatos and a few other sides. Later in the afternoon we ordered off the menu. Our group ordered chicken quesadillas, loaded nachos with chicken, cheeseburgers, french fries, and fish tacos. Everything was delicious and everything was included in the $55 price! I did the fish pedicure and LOVED it. It was $20 to stick your feet in the fish tank, a foot massage, and video. All drinks except shots were included too!

Were there taxis readily available when you got ready to leave or did you have to call to arrange? Thanks:)

Hi, we haven't been to mr sanchos, but I wil say that for every port, on everywhere, cabs/taxis have been available. THEY ALL know when the ships leave, they want your money. They are everywhere in the main tourist area, going back and forth to the piers. We've never had to wait for a cab, we've had to wait a few minutes for it to fill up, most want a full load before they leave.

Thanks!

Hi, not sure if you saw this on Mr. Sanchos website site but under "packages" they offer a Ride and Fly (ATV and parasailing) for $95 and a Splash and Fly (water park and parasailing) for $70. Looks as if it will be less expensive than booking the parasailing separately after you get there. Whatever you choose, enjoy your day. Planning on going there in August!