change of passenger name

tmcraine

I was wondering the same thing, because my wife and I booked before we married, under her maiden name. We have non-refundable air also booked in the maiden name.

The advice I have received so far was to defer changing her name on the passport until after the cruise, but to go ahead with changing the driver's license, since the passport was all we would need to show as ID for the airline and the cruise line.

I've heard that sometimes the cruise lines can get a little reluctant to change the name so close to the cruise so that's why I'm wondering if anyone has done it this close to the sailing date.

Generally you CAN change it for $50... however, if your ship is soldout or overbooked, they won't allow for name changes (they would rather you cancel)... I had to deal with this in October. I was able to get around it, after about 200 phone calls and having some friends in high places helping out ;) So do it as soon as possible!!! :D

Archived