Still getting free drink voucher ...

mistyinca

The free drink is only " too hard " for gold VIFP to use ;)! We get the ten cent water bottle instead.

No, we get the 20 cent bottle of water like you do, but also get the drink voucher because we are a slightly higher VIFP, just as the Diamonds get a few extra things because they are a slightly high VIFP level than we are. If we all got the same they would just call us VIFP without a color denominator. It is a multi-tiered rewards program. Sorry if you don't like the rewards, but it is up to the rewarder, not the rewardee what the rewards are. :rolleyes:

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

The free drink is only " too hard " for gold VIFP to use ;)! We get the ten cent water bottle instead.

Cruise more and you'll also get the $1 drink.

(Seriously, if the water costs Carnival 10c, how much do you think the booze costs?)

Sorry if you don't like the rewards, but it is up to the rewarder, not the rewardee what the rewards are. :rolleyes:

Are you being sarcastic when you say this? You have the emoji for sarcasm at the end of your post.

No, we get the 20 cent bottle of water like you do, but also get the drink voucher because we are a slightly higher VIFP, just as the Diamonds get a few extra things because they are a slightly high VIFP level than we are. If we all got the same they would just call us VIFP without a color denominator. It is a multi-tiered rewards program. Sorry if you don't like the rewards, but it is up to the rewarder, not the rewardee what the rewards are. :rolleyes:

I think he was referring to the fact that the reason given as to why it was removed from gold members a couple months ago is because people complained it was too hard to use.

Cruise more and you'll also get the $1 drink.

(Seriously, if the water costs Carnival 10c, how much do you think the booze costs?)

I indeed used to get the drink also but that was taken away under the guise that it was too difficult to use. Hence my comment that it was only apparently too difficult to use for gold members. And yes the waters are probably a dime for Carnival. If I can get 35 half liters for 2.99 at Costco, then surely Carnival being the volume purchaser they are can get it for half that cost.

Edited by n6uqqq

I didn't realize they changed this. The OP got hers this week on the Miracle, but the VIFP matrix of perks says Gold only has the free bottle of water. Darn, hopefully, like the Miracle the OP is on, the Victory will still give me the free drink on May 30th on the Victory. I'm Gold. A bottle of free water does nothing for me since I get 24 at CVS for less than $2.50 and can bring them on board.

Edited by tzais01