Concierge Class questions???

vivalv66

Is there a line clearly marked for this at the pier?

Do they really take your luggage right away? Was thinking about carrying on since only a 3 day cruise.

And...What time do they usually start boarding? (San Diego)

Thanks for any info!!!

I've only sailed out of Ft Lauderdale, so it could be different, but they had a different boarding area marked for Concierge class and called us first when they started embarkation. If you're just doing carryons you can drop them off in your cabin even if it's not ready and go explore the ship. I'm always there early, can't wait to begin my cruise! I've been on the ship as early as 10:30am for a 5:00pm departure, but it's usually around 11:00am or so.

Terri

I've only sailed out of Ft Lauderdale, so it could be different, but they had a different boarding area marked for Concierge class and called us first when they started embarkation.
Do suite passengers board after concierge class or at the same time?

In San Diego, they will NOT open the gates to the terminal before 11:30 AM. There is a special line (actually several lines) for suites & CC pax. We had a suite & arrived at 11:35 AM, drove right in (Holiday Inn shuttle), luggage taken immediately & we walked right yp to the empty suite check in counter & were on the ship in less than 10 minutes! :D There will be a lot of folks standing outside the gates for several hours before they let them in! Take a cab!

They always let Concierge Class board first so that they can get in their orders for Smoothies before the complaining starts. Suites must wait until all CC passengers are onboard and orders placed. ;) Now, about the bridge I have for sale.

Enjoy the free "champagne" and juice.

LOL! Do I get an umbrella in my "Champagne" or is that just for suite passengers when it rains?

Phil

But Phil, you have an AFT balcony, 200 sq ft, why do you need binocs

To gaze at the stars whilst drinking Baileys on the dressed table with friends who are poor dears and have an inside only and to watch there faces when we tell them all the free juice mixers we picked up at the buffet.

Phil

Geeze Phil, you ole tightwad! Just go to the buffet, get one of the big trays & fill a bunch of glasses up with juice & drinks & take them back to your home away from home! I mean, what with 200 sq ft AFT, you have room for another tray! :D

Hi,

Are the binoculars any good or is it worth investing in a pair (we are sailing to Alaska).

Thanks

Bev

Re: CC binoculars: Have experienced awful (the two sides aren't even on the same plane) to barely adequate.

Due to small size and flexibility of available zoom, I take these:

http://www.pentaximaging.com/products/product_details/binocular--UCF_ZOOM_II_8-16X21/reqID--6457103/subsection--Compact_ucf_zoom

All kinds of retailers have them for $85 to $99.

We are sailing on the Connie in February. We booked 2 CC rooms and one additional non-CC for our friend on the same floor. I will feel awful if they make our friend that was booked in the same party wait. Do you think they will let her on with us?

Is there a line clearly marked for this at the pier?

Do they really take your luggage right away? Was thinking about carrying on since only a 3 day cruise.

And...What time do they usually start boarding? (San Diego)

Thanks for any info!!!

I just returned from Alaska and I would recommend that you take a nice pair of binoculars. I have a nice pair but they broke while on the land tour. The shops on board ship have some really nice ones that are reasonably priced. I'm delighted with my purchase.

Garry

Archived