Star Princess in Trieste

APH

Hi everyone!

I was wondering whether anyone knew if the Star Princess was in Trieste for a maintenance visit or dry-dock? She arrived late last night from Venice and I don't think any passengers are onboard. Anyway, as she is over two years old now, a refurb/maintenace visit is probably due about now, and it makes sense, as she's in Italy where she was built in 2002.

Anyone know how long she's in Trieste for?

My mom just returned from the Star from the Bangkok to Venice trip. The ship is going to Trieste for a "tune up" for 2 weeks, no dry dock. No passengers are on board.

Oh Goodie. That means she will be bright and shinny for our May 28th Med cruise.

1972 - Song of Norway, Caribbean
1980 - Hawaii American Curise line, Tahiti
09/01/2002 - Veendam, Alaska
05/29/2003 - Pacific Princess, Alaska
11/26/2003 - Star Princess, Australia/New Zealand

5/28/2004 - Star Princess, Venice to Barcelona
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;05;28;21;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]

11/06/2004 - Diamond Princess, Mexican Riviera
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;11;06;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

Yes Princess was in kusadası Turkey last Sunday ending a cruise started at far east.
Now she will be repositioned to cruise in med
sailing between Venice and Barcelona with stops in Turkey in Ephesus where I work as a guide.
regards

i just got off the 30 day and our waiter told us the new ships go in for a tune up at two years. the 30 day was a great criuse lots of new ports but you should see how luxor looks with a convoy of 43 buses and security from one ship. talk about crowds.

We just disembarked the Star while on a 30 day Bangkok to Venice cruise. Yes it is in dry dock for maintainance, painting and refurb. We were told they are changing carpeting and they refinished all wood railngs while we were on board. They ship is beautiful and in great shape. The dining room head waiter Vincenzo told us that they were refreshing everything and it was going in for its two year check. I'm sure you will see a sparkling ship. We enjoyed everything except its size. We thought that tours were over crowded and returning to board the ship was a problem. The production shows which are very well done are performed in the Vista Lounge which has poor sight lines and not enough seating. Most people got there an hour before the performance with a book and read! The ship is lovely but you will not be treated personally by the staff. After 30 days no one knew our names. The Princess Theater is a great place for shows but they use it for cabaret acts...not too much sense to that at all! Everyone complained to Frankie, the cruise director but it fell on deaf ears. You will enjoy your cruise I'm sure but it would have been a better experience on a smaller ship. The food and service in the dining room was the best ever. We had tradtional dining in the Amalfi Dining Room.The food in the dining room was so wonderful that no one used the alternative dining rooms at all.They were empty for the entire 30 days. The Horizon Court is confusing and lacked the quality of food in the dining room. Hope this helps/.

Archived