large checked suitcase?

I found a large lightweight(4lb) suitcase online that fits size requirements for our airline, which is generous at 80 linear inches, this one is 63,but wondering if it will be ok for Carnival? Checked, of course. Website says 11x19x33. 33 is width. I havent seen it in person, maybe this is really huge? I know what carnival recommends as far as size, but wondering if size is enforced? Weight cannot exceed 40 pounds, via airline, so thats not an issue. Our first cruise, thank you!

I found a large lightweight(4lb) suitcase online that fits size requirements for our airline, which is generous at 80 linear inches, this one is 63,but wondering if it will be ok for Carnival? Checked, of course. Website says 11x19x33. 33 is width. I havent seen it in person, maybe this is really huge? I know what carnival recommends as far as size, but wondering if size is enforced? Weight cannot exceed 40 pounds, via airline, so thats not an issue. Our first cruise, thank you!

Carnivals requirements are:

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds (22.68 Kilograms) and not exceed 16"H x 24"W (40.64 cm x 60.96 cm); there are no length restrictions.

The bag I always carry, both to cruises we fly to get to, and those we drive to, measures 10X22X32, and it is not always the largest on the porter's cart by a long shot. Remember, they go through a scanner before being distributed on the ship, so it has to fit through that machine, thus the height and width requirement. As long as two of the sides are under the 16"X24", which the one you describe is, you will be fine.

Enjoy!!!

Almost a yardstick wide? I would guess that the 33" is the height, the 19" is the width and the 11"is the depth.

Sounds like it would fit through the cruise line scanners. Enjoy your cruise!

LOL!! You must be right, although amazon does say 33" wide. That would be short and fat wouldn't it? May be an interesting looking bag :) Picture looks like a regular looking suitcase. They ( and I, not thinking) must have made a mistake.

Thanks to you all! So excited!!

Edited by Ourfamilyof4

I should know this but I don't

I always carry on a small suitcase, but this trip would like to carry on a

little larger suitcase.

What is the size max for a carry on suitcase?

No the checked bag.

Thank you,